32 Bloody Delicious Blood Orange Recipes
The arrival of spring signals so much happy news in the world — flowers bloom, baby animals frolic and you can finally leave the house without a sleeping bag’s worth of layers on your body. Sadly, it also means it’s time to say a tearful goodbye to the most beautiful citrus fruit on the planet — blood oranges. Spring marks the end of blood orange season until next year, so we rounded up 32 ways to squeeze every last drop out of these colorful orbs while they last.
4. Blood Orange Sorbet With Blood Orange Saffron and Caramel Macarons: A little blood orange this with a little blood orange that is shaping up to be a perfectly bold dessert. (via Desserts For Breakfast)
8. Agave Crusted Salmon With Blood Orange Salsa Verde: Lemon and lime get to have a lot of fun in the seafood department, but the blood oranges want in. Put ’em in, coach! (via My Daily Morsel)
9. Barley Porridge With Maple Glazed Almonds and Blood Orange: Not only does this blogger manage to make porridge sound incredible, but she also includes a porridge pancake recipe for the leftovers! (via A Tasty Love Story)
11. Jumbo Shrimp and Blood Orange Charmola Salad: Charmola is about to be your new best friend. It’s a North African paste made from sun-dried tomatoes and various spices that’s great for all kinds of meats and veggies, but especially this shrimp and orange dish. (via Flying Fourchette)
14. Blood Orange Cinnamon Vanilla Meringue Tarts: These tarts are made on top of something called sweet lemon oat shortbread dough so we’re one million percent on board with that. (via Chasing Delicious)
15. Beet Chevre Ravioli With Blood Orange Fennel Sauce: One bright red food plus another bright red food plus goat cheese? We like how this is adding up. (via Katie at the Kitchen Door)
17. Sautéed Swiss Chard With Blood Orange Dressing: Swiss chard doesn’t get as much time in the spotlight as kale, but you’ll never understand why after trying this healthy side dish. (via The Vanilla Bean Blog)
30. Blood Orange, Fennel and Avocado Salad With Lemon Citronette: Fennel and blood orange make beautiful flavors together. (via Cookie + Kate)
31. White Chocolate Sunchoke Mousse Tartelettes With Blood Orange Panna Cotta and Blood Orange Beetroot Jelly: This recipe is a mouthful, both literally and grammatically. (via Almond Corner)
What else are you cooking up with these little red guys? Let us know in the comments!