3 Sugar-Free Boozy Popsicles That Will Win All Summer Parties
After a seemingly endless winter, summer is finally in full swing, and we are ALL about cocktails in popsicle form for beating the heat! We teamed up with hint® water to share three sugar-free boozy popsicle recipes that you should probably have in your freezer at all times.
Each popsicle recipe is made using hint® water, fresh fruit, and, of course, a little liquor, and takes minutes to make. In addition to being extremely delicious, they’re pretty dang cute and colorful as well.
The trick with cocktail pops is that whole liquor not really freezing thing, so you need to add plenty of other liquids. hint® water makes for the perfect poptail foundation. It's a great tasting, healthy alternative to sugary and diet sweetened drinks, whether you're drinking it straight up or using it as an ingredient. You could definitely make non-alcoholic versions of these popsicles for the non-drinkers and kiddos in your summer crew. And to make your popsicle-making dreams really come true, we’re offering a special discount — head here to pick up three cases of hint® water for $39.99!
Of course, it's always good to make sure you've got some healthy snacks and nourishment to go alongside your boozy pops. Now, let the poptail games begin!
Summer Mule Pineapple Popsicles
Summer Mule Pineapple PopsiclesYour favorite copper-cupped sipper gets a flavor-packed tropical update.
Vacation vibes are here, and this popsicle will instantly transport you to a dreamy state of bliss. Made using ginger hint® sparkling water, we added a pop of pineapple to the classic mule recipe, giving it an exotic and fresh taste with just the right amount of sweetness.
No judgement if you find yourself eating a few teaspoons of pineapple puree in the making of this poptail ;)
Ingredients (makes 10 popsicles):
- 16 ounces ginger hint® sparkling water
- 5 ounces vodka
- 6 ounces pineapple puree
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 10 lime slices
- Mix together the ginger hint® sparkling water, vodka, pineapple puree, and ginger with a whisk. You can also sub in a different flavor of hint® sparkling water to mix things up!
- Place one lime slice in each popsicle mold.
- Use a funnel to fill each popsicle mold to the top with liquid and place the lid and popsicle sticks into each mold.
- Freeze for at least six hours or until frozen through.
We love how you can see the lime slices peeking through in each popsicle.
If your popsicles melt before everyone has a chance to try them, add a ladle and call it punch!
Raspberry Mango Mimosa Freeze Pops
Raspberry Mango Mimosa Freeze PopsThese sweet sleeves are here to refresh you.
For this popsicle remix, we went for a sweet and fruity take on a classic morning brunch cocktail. We combined raspberry hint® water with fresh mango puree, mango slices, chopped raspberries, and a low-sugar sparkling wine. The results are mouth-watering, and the sleeves make it easy to freeze and re-freeze a few times over. If you really want to slay the summer potluck game, throw these in a cooler and prepare to be crowned cocktail queen.
Take your freeze pop love to the next level by throwing a party where people assemble their own boozy pops, with a whole variety of purees and flavors to choose from.
Ingredients (makes 10 pops):
- 14 ounces raspberry hint® water
- 12 ounces sparkling wine
- 10 ounces mango puree
- ½ cup chopped raspberries
- 20 mango slices
- Mix together the raspberry hint® water, sparkling wine, and mango puree with a whisk.
- Place a small spoonful of the raspberries and two mango slices into each popsicle sleeve. We recommend placing the sleeve in a jar or glass to help hold it up while you fill.
- Using a funnel, fill the sleeve with the liquid mixture to within half an inch of the top and seal the sleeve.
- Freeze for 6 hours or until pops have a slushy-like consistency.
The best thing about these pops is they're pretty darn good even if they're halfway melted!
That blend of mango and raspberry definitely has some "Living Coral" color of the year vibes. So on trend right now.
Blackberry Lemon Drop Popsicles
Blackberry Lemon Drop PopsiclesAll the sweetness of summer blackberries with a punch of lemon drop sass.
For our last spiked sweet, we’ve concocted a perfectly summery twist on a classic shot, the lemon drop. To class it up, we’ve combined blackberry hint® water, pureed blackberries, lemon slices, and, obvs, vodka ;)
Lemon drop it like it's hot, amirite? We went old school with these pops and used good old paper cups, tin foil, and popsicle sticks to create our molds.
Ingredients (makes 10 popsicles):
- 28 ounces blackberry hint® water
- 8 ounces vodka
- 8 ounces blackberry puree
- ¾ cup quartered blackberries
- 10 lemon slices, quartered
- Mix together the blackberry hint® water, vodka and blackberry puree with a whisk.
- Divide the quartered blackberries and quartered lemon slices into ten 8 ounce paper cups.
- Divide the liquid mixture between the ten paper cups. Cover each cup with a square of foil and insert a stick through the foil, into the mixture.
- Freeze for 6 hours or until frozen solid.
Have you ever seen a prettier plate of popsicles? The berries and lemon slices help the popsicles maintain their shape once you pop them out of the cup molds.
Alright y'all, time to sign off and plan our next summer party! Keep these popsicles at the ready and you will pat yourself on the back on the reg, and so will your roomie/spouse/bestie. Don’t forget, we’re offering a special discount on getting this hint® water party started — head here to pick up three cases of hint® water for $39.99!
Bonus: Did you know that the folks at hint® also make the most amazing smelling sunscreen, scented with real fruit essences and free of oxybenzone or parabens? So you can protect your skin while sipping your new fave treats in the sunshine. Stock up at drinkhint.com.
Now go forth and beat the summer heat!
Author + Creative Direction: Anjelika Temple
Photographer: Brittany Griffin
Food Styling: Amanda Anselmino