21 Homemade Popsicle Recipes for Hot Summer Days
Popsicles. As if you needed another reason to start dreaming about summer. We can think of few things we’d rather get our hands on than a frosty frozen treat. And while we admittedly have a thing for ice cream cake. And we could eat ice cream sammies for dinner. Meet our newest icy obsession — the frozen pop. Get ready to cut, puree, freeze and lick your way to one of life’s simple pleasures. Because let’s be honest. You’re never too old for a popsicle.
6. Cantaloupe Lime Popsicles: It’s summer on a stick! Blend simple syrup, cantaloupe pieces and a splash of lime, then strain and pour into molds. Now for the hardest part. Waiting for the freezer to work its magic ;) (via Kitchen Confidente)
7. Blackberry Coconut Lime Popsicles: Survive the summer by keeping your freezer stocked with these frosty bites. A refreshing frozen concoction of blackberry, coconut and lime flavors is sure to become a fast favorite. (via Transient Expression)
8. Berry Lime Popsicles: If you’re in the habit of making your ‘sicles in ice cube trays, you’ll be totally pleased to see that this recipe doesn’t get all fancy with highfalutin molds. Berries and iced tea chill out in simple paper cups, and once they’re rock hard, things get good. (via My Baking Addiction)
10. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Popsicles: When you don’t have the self-restraint to give up chocolate entirely, play the sweets game smart. These unique pops feature a little chocolate with a whole lot of fruit. Tip: A dozen of these are a special way to romance your sweetie when it’s hot out. (via Chocolate and Carrots)
13. Watermelon Whole Fruit Popsicles: Fresh organic fruits in contrasting colors make the most beautiful pops. Start by throwing some large chunks of fruit into your molds, then pour in a fruit puree until each is filled to the top. (via Foodarian)
14. Strawberry, Peach and Coconut Popsicles: Need something to look forward to after a long day? Strawberries and peaches collide with a splash of coconut milk to create a creamy smoothie on a stick. (via Family Fresh Cooking)
16. Kiwi Apricot amd Mango Pops: How pretty are these three-toned treats? The unique flavors of kiwi, apricot and mango make this pop a bit more fancy. What a cool sweet to serve at a summer party! (via The Spunky Coconut)
17. Chia Strawberry and Raspberry Mint Popsicles: Get creative with your latest farmers market finds. This colorful, nutritious pop can be made with a total of five ingredients: strawberries, raspberries, chia seeds, fresh mint and maple syrup. (via Eat Good 4 Life)
19. Strawberry and Peach Popsicles: We’ve never met a frozen treat we didn’t love. But we have met a few that inspired inevitable ice-pop-for-dinner evenings. When you’re craving something cool, put these on the menu. (via Chew Town)
20. Mango and Salted Coconut Popsicle with Crushed Peanut Topping: We’re slightly nuts over these frozen ice pops. The sweetness of mango and coconut mingle enticingly with a salty peanut topping. Gotta love that unexpected crunch. (via The Design Files)
21. Tropical Avocado Popsicle: Avocados are the unlikely fruit responsible for these lovely ‘sicles. While they’re slightly less sweet than the average pop, they’re every bit as delicious and can double as healthy teething pops for little ones. (via Cooking Stoned)
We’ve never met a popsicle we didn’t like; have you? Tell us about your favorite frozen pops in the comments!
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.