16 Gorgeous (+ Affordable!) Looks Inspired by Star Style at Cannes
The Cannes Film Festival has taught us a lot. We learned that Blake Lively is the queen of the red carpet, that embellishment is totally in and, unfortunately, that we cannot afford any of the stars’ beautiful outfits. Sad, but true. To celebrate the end of the fest, we thought we’d play another round of Find the Lookalike — insert cheesy game show music! We found 16 of the hottest fashion moments from the festival AND affordable looks for all of you to try out. Roll out that red carpet, folks. From now on, you’re walking it and all carpets like your favorite star.
1. Jaded Rose Cami Dress With Deco Embellishment ($78): Art deco returned to the fashion scene early last year, and it’s definitely here to stay. Cara Delevingne totally rocked this look. (And now you can, too!)
2. Vintage ’60s Paint Splatter Dress ($58): Rosario Dawson is not one to play it safe. That haircut and those shoes combined with her splash-tastic dress are a daring combo that ended up looking amazing.
3. Motel Pia Jumpsuit With Plunge Neck ($48): We’re all about jumpsuits here at Brit + Co., and Jennifer Lawrence’s party onesie was a total stunner. Black is always classy and perfect for big events like this.
4. Empire State of the Art Dress ($78): America Ferrera’s lowcut neckline is daring, but the scallops keep it light and playful. You can get a very similar version of her look in this beautiful shade of royal blue.
5. Peter Pilotto for Target Belted Dress ($25): Peter Pilotto is the best at mixing prints. Suki Waterhouse stunned in this bright dress, and you will too in this similar pick from Pilotto’s collection for Target.
6. MANGO Double-Breasted Blazer ($60): Menswear is always in, and we’re always looking for new ways to weave it into our wardrobes. After seeing how awesomely Lea Seydoux executed this suit, you’re definitely going to want to invest in one. Start with the blazer!
7. River Island Plunge Maxi Dress ($94): Aside from the fact that we’re in love with that sparkly skirt, we picked Amber Heard’s gown because of the loose bodice. In a world of tight-fitting gowns and dresses, this style really stands out.
8. ASOS SALON Embellished Dress ($229): This is embellishment to the max! We can’t stop staring at Marion Cotillard’s totally rad dress. Have you ever seen anything so fabulous? (That’s also what people will be saying when you rock your version on the right.)
9. The Style Dress With Floral Border Print ($38): French actress Clotilde Courau proved to us that dark florals are just as fabulous as lighter, summery ones. This sleek, elegant fabric is so fitting for the print, and for her since she’s a princess and all. No, seriously, we’re not kidding. A real princess :-X
10. J. Crew Gathered Knit Maxidress ($118): Queen of the Red Carpet, part one. With the help of this beautiful gown, Blake Lively looked absolutely sophisticated. You can get the same look with this wine-colored maxi dress from J. Crew.
11. True Decadence Wrap Front Romper ($67): Rompers are the younger sibling of jumpsuits, so we love them just as much. Especially in warmer weather!
12. Amanda Uprichard Ponti Dress ($101): Finally, a super bright color! Jessica Chastain made the right choice with this bold hue, and you can follow in her footsteps with this adorable ponti dress.
13. Girls on Film Scuba Skirt With Pephem ($39): As worn by Rooney Mara, peplum is as popular as ever! So much in fact that it has a sequel this season — the peplum hemline, aka “pephem.”
14. Akira Striped Pleated Dress ($35): Yowza, that’s one gorgeous couple! Black and white are classically a fancy combo, making them perfect for a more formal (but still flirty) dress like this one.
15. Mara Hoffman Geometric Embroidered Maxi Dress ($350): Not only is Cate Blanchett gifted at acting (duh), but she’s also a #winner on the red carpet. Every time you pair a printed bodice with a simple skirt, do it for Cate and this fab look.
16. Renowned Romance Dress ($180): And last but certainly not the least, another look from Jessica Chastain. This lace dress is perfect for any formal occasion you have… ever. Bonus: Those hidden horizontal lines add a little extra somethin’ somethin’.
Who do you think had the best look at Cannes? Which of our picks is your favorite? Tell us in the comments below!