The highly anticipated Lilly Pulitzer for Target collection finally goes on sale this Sunday. If you’re anything like us, you’ve been swooning over the feminine frocks and breezy accessories ever since the collab was announced (and are trying reeeeally hard to coordinate a strictly poolside summer schedule to fit the sartorial bill). But, there’s still that lingering feeling that deep down, you’re just not a Lilly girl. Those hyper patterned pieces may look gorgeous online, but are they really going to vibe with *your* personal style when you’re not on the beach? Once you see your favorite celebrities dolled up in the collab, your answer is sure to be “yes.” Scroll through to see how starlets with all kinds of style senses — from preppy Ellie Kemper to cool girl Kate Bosworth to bombshell Camilla Alves — styles their Lilly for Target IRL.
1. Ellie Kemper: While Ellie Kemper toned down her “Kimmy Shcmidt” color palette in this little pastel number, she’s playing up its preppy feel in a major way with her flippy bob and classic red nails. Metallic pops from her clutch and shoes make it a Mother’s Day brunch-approved look.
2. Kate Bosworth: If there was anyone who could put a ‘90s spin on Lilly Pulitzer, it’s Kate Bosworth. She pulls off the look by accessorizing with grungy schoolgirl accents like square-toed Mary Janes and a lunch boxy satchel bag, both in a moody black (natch).
3. Harley Viera-Newton: Model and DJ Harley Viera-Newton is bridging the gap between girly girl and fashion girl by mixing Lilly-approved pastels with trendy ‘70s denim and a bright orange-red lip to create an outfit that’s perfect for summer date nights.
4. Emmy Rossum: With a bumped up bouffant, Emmy Rossum is channeling her best inner Betty Draper, though her matchy-matchy accessories and peachy complexion keep her look feeling of-the-moment (and totally wedding guest-worthy).
5. DJ Kiss: This is the way you party down in pastels. DJ Kiss adds flirty flair to this breezy palm print sheath with a bright pink statement necklace and matching lip (and nails! and heels!), but it’s the silver accents that make this look cocktail bar-ready.
6. Kate Bock: Model Kate Bock proves once again that a moto jacket is a girly dress’ sartorial soulmate. Toss on your leather + chunky sandals (or even ankle boots) to get a look that’s made for the weekend.
7. Bella Thorne: For beach-bound outfit inspo, look to Bella Thorne who’s letting the frock take the spotlight with nude sandals and minimal metallic accessories.
8. Nicolette Mason: Blogger Nicolette Mason shows how you can elevate your go-to errand running outfit like that by adding on beachy accessories like a pom pom-tasseled scarf and a bamboo handle wristlet.
9. Camila Alves: Camila Alves keeps things chic and streamlined for her #Girlboss take on Lilly Pulitzer with a crisp white blazer, matching pointy pumps and super slicked back hair. But it’s not all business thanks to that floral clutch.
10. Kelly Gale: Victoria’s Secret model Kelly Gale shows how you can be a Lilly girl without any color at all. This white lacy dress is a wear-anywhere closet staple: dress it up with strappy pumps and glitzy drop earrings or down with a chambray bomber and sneakers.
How are you planning on styling your Lilly for Target? Tell us what pieces you’re hoping to snatch up in the comments below.
Photos Neilson Barnard/Getty