Colorful brows, mascara, and lids are here to bring your summer makeup routine to life. The latest in celebrity beauty is bright-eyed, citrusy, and surprisingly easy for you to pull off. From matte pigments in peach and tangerine to sunset metallics with subtle shimmer, 2018 is all about orange eyeshadow. Whether you’re more of a minimalist or embrace the more is more mentality, these versatile looks are easy to master — with the right eyeshadow palettes, of course. Check the five red carpet regulars rocking orange lids below, then shop our top picks to try the look at home.
1. Solange Knowles: Wear an avant-garde swipe of citrus pigment beneath the lower lash line when you’re looking for an artsy take on the trend. Blend halfway, from the inner corner out, to make your peepers look bigger. Apply mascara but keep other colors neutral to keep the style in minimalist territory. (Photo via Scott Barbour/Getty) Brit + Co Pick: Kat Von D 10th Anniversary Eyeshadow Palette ($52)
tangerine on top
2. Margot Robbie: As celebrity makeup artist Pati Dubroff will attest, tangerine lids are a match made in heaven for babes with blue-eyes. She applied a touch of yellow to the inner corners of the actress’ eyes before blending a matte shade of orange towards her outer brow. (Photo via John Sciulli/Getty) Brit + Co Pick: Karity Just Peachy Eyeshadow Palette ($25)
3. Vanessa Hudgens: The Disney princess-turned-festival muse sports an emboldened, metallic take on the sunset eyeshadow trend. (Photo via Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic/Getty) Brit + Co Pick: Huda Beauty Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette ($27)
peachy-pink smoke show
4. Zoey Deutch: Super-fair complexions look fantastic with softly-blended, peach-hued lids. The next generation of the pink-eye calls for colors that fall between blush and soft papaya with the slightest hint of glitter. (Photo via Vivien Killilea/Getty) Brit + Co Pick: Maybelline New York Lemonade Craze Eye Shadow Palette ($11)
5. Emma Stone: Makeup pro Rachel Goodwin created a coppery smokey effect to help her green eyes pop. Look for soft shades that blend well with reds, rose, and burgundy to copy this style. (Photo via Pascal Le Segretain/Getty Images) Brit + Co Pick: NARS NARSissist Wanted Eyeshadow Palette ($59)
What’s your favorite way to wear orange shadow? Tell us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.