11 Celeb-Inspired Ways to Rock Crazy Colorful Eyeliner
This spring’s makeup trends will have you flashing back to art history class in the best possible way. Bright colors, bold lines and modern to the max: Pop art is where it’s at. If you’re looking to up your cat-eye game or just ready to embrace your inner artist, this colorful look is perfect for you. There are no soup cans on eyelids here (not even Cara D can make chicken noodles sexy — or can she?), just 11 stylish ways to make Warhol wearable this season.
1. Kelly Rowland: Channel Lichtenstein’s dramatic damsels in distress with bright blue liner on your bottom lash line. You won’t be the victim though; the only tears you’ll cry are tears of pure fashionable joy. (Photo via Jemal Countess/Getty)
2. Beyoncé: If Beyoncé is wrong, we don’t want to be right. Get graphic with your black and white liner to make a statement that says, “I did not wake up like this.” (Photo via Vince Bucci/Getty)
3. Cara Delevingne: Go with a sparkly cool color in the inner corners of your eyes for a dewy, unexpected take on this trend. As always, keep your eyebrows big, bold and beautiful! (Photo via Samir Hussein/Getty)
4. Demi Lovato: Make this trend spring ready with a gorgeous sea green liner on the bottom and warm, gold tones on the top. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)
5. Emma Stone: A deep navy liner makes for a classic cat eye look with a unique twist. It’ll help bring out colors in your eyes you didn’t even know were there, all while staying right on trend. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
6. Jessica Alba: Oh hey there, bright, sunshine-y eyes! Jessica Alba practically has a beach sunrise on each eyelid, with bright gold shadow on top and deep aqua tones on the bottom. (Photo via Michael Buckner/Getty)
7. Lupita Nyong’o: When it comes to blue, the brighter the better. Electric blue reminiscent of Marilyn’s iconic print is spot on. Dip your eyeshadow brush in water before the pigment to up the intensity and go to town with that thick cat eye. Add glitter, and we’re sold! Emphasize the brows and leave the rest of your makeup natural to balance the boldness. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
8. Katy Perry: Take your Marilyn look in a more avant-garde direction by letting the blue shadow extend beyond your lash line, then define it with sparkly blue eyeliner. (Photo via Jemal Countess/Getty)
9. Olivia Wilde: For a slightly more subtle look, take your regular smokey eye up a notch by using metallic blues instead of grays and blacks. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
10. Kristen Stewart: Kristen’s burgundy liner gives her a darker, more mysterious look. Bonus beauty points if you match your makeup perfectly to your dress. (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
11. Rihanna: Grab this trend and run with it like Rihanna. Geometric lines, spiked lashes and a hot pink liner will get you noticed right away. To achieve this look, keep it neat on top and blend out on the bottom. (Photo via Jason Merritt/Getty)
Are you ready to rock this pop art makeup trend? Tell us which one is your fave in the comments!