It’s a busy weekend for our favorite stars! As we wait with bated breath to see who will win big at tomorrow night’s Academy Awards, they’re lining up on the red carpet at tonight’s Independent Spirit Awards to celebrate some of Hollywood’s better indie flicks. See all of their head-turning styles below.
1. Freida Pinto: Slumdog Millionaire actress Freida Pinto was pretty as a picture in this Uel Camilo yellow sheer lace dress with an open off-the-shoulder neckline and a bit of sparkle courtesy of Harry Kotlar. (Photo via David Livingston/Getty)
2. Janelle Monáe: Monáe continued her red carpet reign in a wild signature black and white Salvatore Ferragamo look (accessorized with a Emm Kuo Gehry clutch) that’s part printed frock, part striped overcoat, and 100 percent class. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
3. Kerry Washington: We’d never guess that Kerry Washington just gave birth fourth months ago, seeing her in the adorable jewel-encrusted Prada teacup dress she donned on tonight’s carpet, atop Christian Louboutin shoes and Susan Foster jewels. Girl looks great! (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
4. Ruth Negga: As a potentially history-making Best Actress nominee at tomorrow night’s Academy Awards (a win would make her the first black woman to receive the title since 2002, when Halle Berry took home the award for Monster’s Ball), all eyes will be on Negga’s style. She gave us a preview of what’s to come tonight in a bold bow-neck Delpozo dress with a floral print bottom, Manolo Blahnik heels, Fred Leighton baubles, and a Roger Vivier clutch. (Photo via David Livingston/Getty)
5. Kate Beckinsale: Beckinsale was a head-turner in one of the evening’s more wild looks by designer Pamella Rolland, complete with its two-toned feather bust. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
6. Sasha Lane: Newcomer Lane, seen in the highly lauded indie flick American Honey alongside Shia Labeouf, continued the growing tradition of making a political statement on the red carpet by rocking a Mizizi “Black Lives Matter Jersey ($75) beneath a green blazer and skirt set. (Photo via John Shearer/Getty)
7. Naomie Harris: Like Negga, Harris will be under style scrutiny tomorrow night as one of the evening’s Best Supporting Actress nominees, but she kept things fun tonight in a brightly colored tweed Chanel mini with side cutouts. (Photo via C. Flanigan/Getty)
8. Jenny Slate: Newly single Jenny Slate (who reportedly split from Captain America: Civil War actor Chris Evans earlier this month) was casual perfection with a natural updo and a breezy, summer-ready frock. (Photo via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)
9. Taraji P. Henson: The Hidden Figures actress kept things light in a half-lace, half flowy white Giambattista Valli Couture mini with a high-lo hem and Jimmy Choo peep-toes. (Photo via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)
10. Molly Shannon: Molly was one of the more glam of the bunch in a red-hot gown with shoulder cutouts. (Photo via C. Flanigan/Getty)
11. Aubrey Plaza: Plaza played with patterns, boldly mixing a black and white sheer printed blouse with a checkered black mini. (Photo via Alberto E. Rodriguez/Getty)
12. Natasha Lyonne: The OITNB starlet took us back to the ‘70s in a swinging floral-print frock and retro white latex boots. (Photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
13. Trace Lysette: The indie actress showed off some flair in a black bodysuit with a matching lace overlay, complete with cinched waist and flared hoop skirt. (Photo via Jeff Kravitz/Getty)
14. Kiersey Clemons: Clemons had the equivalent of a fashion ball in this intriguing tiered Prabal Gurung black and white halter-neck masterpiece that gave way to sheer toward the hem.
Which look is your fave? Sound off over @BritandCo.
(Photo via Jeff Kravitz/Getty)