20 Scrumptious Chestnut Recipes, No Open Fire Required!
This time of year we hear an awful lot about chestnuts roasting on an open fire. Despite that that actually sounds pretty dangerous, it also makes us feel all cozy and warm and at-home. In addition to playing a crucial role in our collective holiday consciousness, chestnuts are a veritable culinary workhorse — perfect in recipes that call to arms flavors that are sweet, as well as those that are savory. And, while they're perfect for Thanksgiving stuffings and Christmas cookies, they're also pretty fair game year round. Because chestnut cupcakes are a thing, and cupcakes are forever.
4. Gluten-Free Quinoa & Wild Rice Dressing with Spicy Sausage, Shiitake Mushrooms, Leeks, Roasted Chestnuts and Dried Cherries: This stuffing recipe has a long cast of characters — quinoa, wild rice, bread, sausage, shiitake mushrooms, leeks, asiago cheese, dried cherries, and, yes, roasted chestnuts. But we think you’ll find this dish to be worth the long shopping list. (via The Cozy Apron)
11. Cranberry, Chestnut, and Challah Stuffing Muffins: This chestnut and challah bread stuffing is cooked up in individual muffin cups. We now live in a world where stuffing is portable. All of our dreams have come true. (via Kitchen Tested)
14. Cream Cheese and Chestnut Cupcakes: This cupcake recipe uses both roasted chestnuts and chestnut flour, and so we would be remiss in not including it here. A cream cheese frosting rounds out these easy-to-bake gluten-free treats. (via Emilie and Lea’s Secrets)
- 21 Savory Pies to Slice Into This Winter - Brit + Co ›
- 22 Downright Delicious Thanksgiving Stuffing Recipes - Brit + Co ›
- Stuff Yourself Silly With These 12 Vegetarian Stuffing Recipes | Brit + ... ›
- 17 Pot Pie Recipes to Protect You from the Cold - Brit + Co ›
- 18 Starbucks Holiday Drinks From Around the World We're Craving ... ›