Stuff Yourself Silly With These 12 Vegetarian Stuffing Recipes
The holidays are magical for many reasons, and enjoying delicious food around the table with friends and family is one of them. When it comes to Thanksgiving, there’s nothing better than piling your plate high with turkey and shoveling fluffy mashed potatoes drowned in gravy into your pie-hole. Unless, of course, you’re livin’ the veg life. That can pose an issue, but one that can be easily solved. Though the turkey will remain a turkey, there are countless ways to rework traditional recipes so that everyone can enjoy them. One of those ways is by reinventing side dishes, and we’ve got 12 vegetarian stuffing recipes that don’t need to go anywhere near that bird.
1. Gluten-Free Stuffing Salad With Warm Sweet Onion Dressing: Not all GF stuffing recipes kick bread to the curb, and you’ll easily get hooked on this light and tasty variation. It’s a simple side that intertwines the flavors of traditional stuffing with the healthy elements of a hearty winter salad. (via Cotter Crunch)
2. Herbed Wild Rice and Quinoa Stuffing: This mouth-watering stuffing holds a little secret — it’s vegetarian, vegan *and* GF. It’s so flavor-packed, even the meat-eaters around the table will be going in for seconds. (via Kitchen Treaty)
3. Walnut and Kale Quinoa Stuffing: This GF stuffing offers a healthy twist on a classic without losing any flavor. The inclusion of crunchy walnuts, dried cranberries and earthy sage promises the same ol’ traditional taste we know and love. (via Healthy Seasonal Recipes)
4. Gluten-Free Herb Stuffing With Brussels Sprouts and Cranberries: Charm the pants off your family with this swoon-worthy vegetarian stuffing over the holidays. Big hunks of GF whole grain bread are tossed with Brussels sprouts and mushrooms, giving this savory masterpiece a thumbs up from the entire table. (via Heartbeet Kitchen)
5. Cauliflower Rice Stuffing: Cauliflower rice has become all the rage for folks trying to cut down on carbs. The fact that it makes an appearance in this healthy and quick Thanksgiving side gives us every reason to be excited. Your guests will be mowing down veggies, and they won’t even know it. (via The Healthy Maven)
6. Crockpot Vegetarian Stuffing: With the pressure that comes with cooking the perfect Thanksgiving dinner, being able to “set it and forget it” is a godsend. That’s why you need this hearty vegetarian crockpot stuffing on your menu — it will make your day SO much easier. (via Show Me the Yummy)
7. Mushroom and Chestnut Vegetarian Stuffing: Despite what some may say, stuffing doesn’t have to be stuffed into a bird for it to be good. With meaty mushrooms and earthy chestnuts, this dish gives you all of the flavors and textures you long for in its traditional counterpart. (via Amuse Your Bouche)
8. Grain-Free Sage and Pecan Stuffing: Dietary restrictions and food sensitivities can be a total bummer, especially around the holidays. Watching delicious food you can’t eat be passed around the table isn’t easy. This holiday season can be different, and this grain-free stuffing is a great place to start. (via In Sonnet’s Kitchen)
9. Cranberry Apple Freekeh Stuffing: This stunner of a stuffing is packed with protein, fiber and minerals, thanks to the addition of freekeh — supergrain extraordinaire. Granny Smith apples bring a level of sweetness and tartness to this dish and, to be frank, you shouldn’t expect leftovers. (via The Mediterranean Dish)
10. Wild Mushroom and Brioche Stuffing: This flavor-packed stuffing is a total dream for mushroom lovers. Every bite offers umami flavors in addition to a nice chunk of buttery brioche bread. This stuffing will easily become a favorite in your household — and you don’t have to be a vegetarian to love it. (via Foolproof Living)
11. Sourdough Stuffing With Artichokes and Sundried Tomatoes: Bright Californian flavors are incorporated into this classic to create an innovative spin you won’t want to miss. Toasted sourdough, tangy sun-dried tomatoes and tender artichoke hearts might end up making an appearance at Thanksgiving every year. (via Fake Food Free)
12. Lentil and Mushroom Stuffing: When it comes to Thanksgiving faves, stuffing is high on the list, and we truly believe that *no one* should miss out. That’s why this recipe is a total winner — pretty much anyone can enjoy it. It’s GF, vegetarian and could be made vegan with some simple tweaking. (via Foxes Love Lemons)
For more holiday food inspo, follow us on Pinterest.