15 Times That Chicken Thighs *Totally* Saved Dinner
We’re always looking for quick dinner solutions, and chicken thighs just might take the cake. Sure, everyone loves a nice roast, and a store-bought rotisserie can be used in tons of recipes. But when it comes to ease of cooking and maximum flavor impact, juicy chicken thighs reign supreme. These 15 recipes will save you from boring dinners, even on busy weeknights.
1. Easy Balsamic Chicken Thighs With Tomatoes: The tangy-sweet combo of balsamic vinegar and tomatoes gives this chicken a fresh flavor. It’s crisped up on the stove, then finishes cooking in the oven. (via Life Tastes Good)
3. Sheet Pan Harissa Chicken Thighs With Onions and Potatoes: Roasting dinner all together on a sheet pan saves a ton of time. Add a harissa spice blend to easily boost the flavor of thrifty chicken thighs, and some potatoes and onions to round out the meal. (via No Spoon Necessary)
4. Grilled Hawaiian Chicken Thighs: Lightly charred, sticky, and sweet, these Hawaiian chicken thighs are irresistible. Serve them with a mound of white rice to soak up any extra sauce. (via Bellyfull)
5. Soy Mustard Chicken Thighs: It takes less than 30 minutes to make this flavorful meal. Juicy chicken thighs are coated in a sauce made from soy and mustard, each bite a little bit better than the last. (via Woman Scribbles)
6. Roasted Garlic Clove Chicken Thighs: Roasted garlic gets mellow and almost sweet after baking low and slow in the oven. It imparts a unique, savory flavor to these chicken thighs. (via Bear Naked Food)
7. Slow Cooker Chicken Thigh and Black Bean Pozole: A hearty yet fresh-tasting soup, pozole is usually made with slow-cooked pork. But in this weeknight-friendly recipe, boneless, skinless chicken thighs step in, along with chili powder and canned hominy, for an easy and delicious meal. (via Homemaker’s Habitat)
9. One Pot Spanish Chicken Thighs and Rice: Cooked in one pot on the stove and then in the oven, this dish stays moist thanks to chicken thighs. They’re less prone to drying out than chicken breast, so the rice has enough time to cook through. (via Jo Cooks)
11. Curried Chicken Thighs: The gentle, warm spice of curry powder and garam masala adds just the right amount of spice to these chicken thighs. Serve them with some sautéed veggies and rice for a satisfying dinner. (via Cooking Chat)
12. Instant Pot Chili Lime Chicken: A 10-minute dinner sounds too good to be true, but thanks to a pressure cooker, this meal is possible. Chicken thighs are marinated overnight in a tropically tinged chili lime mixture, then cooked right before dinner. (via Boulder Locavore)
13. Honey, Lemon, and Garlic Chicken: Equal parts savory, sweet, and tangy, you’ll be craving these honey, lemon, and garlic chicken thighs all week. A splash of soy sauce is the secret ingredient that gives this simple meal an added depth of flavor. (via Chef Savvy)
15. Spicy Cumin Chicken Thighs and Green Beans: Inspired by the cumin-scented skewers of lamb served as street food in Gansu, China, this easy dish of chicken thighs with green beans hits the spot. It uses cumin powder and cumin seeds, along with chili powder and chili flakes, to maximize each bit of flavor. (via Red House Spice)
For more mouthwatering dinner ideas, check us out on Pinterest.