We all know the worst part of cooking at home is definitely all the cleanup involved. Easy slow cooker meals have become the standard for quick-cleanup dinners, and one-pot meals are all the rage at the moment. But what happened to throwing all of your ingredients on a foil-lined cookie sheet and roasting them in the oven? This method involves just as little cleaning and yields amazing slow-cooked flavor. If you ask us, it’s time to go back to basics. So crank up that oven and get your sheet trays ready, because these 14 sheet pan suppers are going to slash your dirty weeknight dishes down to (almost) nothing.
1. Broiled Steak and Asparagus With Feta Cream Sauce: Preparing steak doesn’t have to be intimidating. When you turn your oven up to the broil setting, the high heat will cook this steak to a perfect medium rare in just 10 minutes. Pro tip: Set your steak on a rack above veggies and let the greens absorb all of that drippy, meaty goodness. (via The Kitchn)
2. Butternut Squash Chicken Pan Roast: Root vegetables, like winter squash, are perfect for roasting alongside chicken. Because they have similar cooking times, it ensures that everything is done when that buzzer goes off. Add in sweet apples and sage for an extra flavor component. (via Food and Wine)
3. Chicken Parmesan: Chicken Parm is an Italian classic that’s usually fried and topped with homemade marinara. This version makes the process foolproof by coating the chicken in bread crumbs and topping with marinara straight from the jar. Just make sure you’re using high quality ingredients — especially when you’re not cooking from scratch. (via Cookbooks 365)
4. Easy Chicken Sheet Pan Supper: The key to cooking dinner on a single sheet pan is adding the ingredients in the correct order. If the chicken needs to cook longer than the rest of the dish, start roasting the poultry first and add the veggies later. The chickpeas in this dish take just a few minutes to become perfectly crispy on the outside and creamy on the inside. (via Macheesmo)
5. Hearty Ratatouille With Goat Cheese: Ratatouille is so much more than an adorable animated mouse… it’s a vegetarian’s sheet pan dream. Rows of squash, eggplant and potato are bound together with tomato and topped with goat cheese for a much-needed tang. Heads up: You’re going to want some crusty bread for scooping. (via Soni’s Food)
6. Chicken Sausage, Kalette and Red Onion Sheet Pan Supper: If you haven’t tried kalettes, you need to ASAP. They’re a hybrid of kale and Brussels sprouts, and they’re absolutely perfect for a quick roast in the oven. Along with the sausage and onion, they’ll get nice and crispy in under 30 minutes. (via Heartbeet Kitchen)
7. Moroccan Sheet Pan Chicken: This dish marries the sweet and savory element that Moroccan cuisine is known for into a simple meal that requires no babysitting. Using common ingredients like raisins, olives and a few key spices, you can be swept away to another country before you know it. (via The Wanderlust Kitchen)
8. Sheet Pan Chicken and Black Bean Nachos: Nachos are the star of sheet pan meals. Make them for game day or just a chill Saturday at home, and whoever’s chowing down will thank you. Bring out some sliced jalapeños, guacamole and sour cream for an extra special topping. (via The Baker Mama)
9. One Sheet Pan Greek Style Easy Baked Chicken Dinner: One pan meals are amazing for saving time on busy weeknights, but they’re just as handy (if not more) when you’re entertaining guests. This Greek chicken bake is more than elegant enough to serve at a dinner party, and you won’t even need help with the dishes. (via Savory Nothings)
10. Spice-Crusted Pork, Potatoes and Vegetables: On those days when you can’t think of anything to fix for dinner, this will be your go-to. Slice up that lone potato you have hanging out in the pantry, toss in the last bit of leftover broccoli and utilize that spice rack you tend to neglect, and you’re halfway to this filling and satisfying meal. (via Panning the Globe)
11. Slow Roasted Root Vegetable Tian: Think of this dish as ratatouille’s hearty older brother. The use of winter root vegetables in this tian, instead of the summer squash you see in ratatouille, yields a sweet yet beefy dish that’s worthy of a restaurant menu. (via Le Petit Oeuf)
12. Sheet Pan Fajitas: Need to feed a crowd for Fajita Friday? Let your oven do all the work with these quick pan fajitas. While the chicken and peppers are roasting, mix together a topping bar so that everyone can choose what they like. (via The Wanderlust Kitchen)
13. Maple Glazed Salmon With Sweet Potatoes and Broccoli: Coming up with new and healthy dishes for the fam can be a daunting task. But sometimes simplicity is key when trying to get as many nutrients possible into your meal. Enhance the flavor of your salmon with a simple maple dijon glaze, and let the caramelization of the veggies showcase their natural sweetness. (via The Seasoned Mom)
14. Roasted Shrimp and Polenta With Halloumi or Pancetta Crisps: The great thing about polenta is that it absorbs flavor like a boss. As this dish roasts in the oven, the polenta takes in all of the juices from the lemon, shrimp and tomatoes like delicious little sponges. Prepare yourself for a major flavor explosion with this one. (via The Pig and Quill)
Follow us on Pinterest for more quick and easy weeknight meals!