This Trending Chocolate-Mauve Shade Is Perfect for Brunettes
Now that we’re in the midst of fall and you’ve started to tackle your cold-weather style, it’s time to turn your attention to upgrading your hair. You could opt for a badass grombré or a platinum Marilyn Monroe-inspired hue to lift your beauty spirits, but there’s actually another Instagram trend that won’t require overly harsh bleaching — and it just so happens to be perfect for brunettes. Chocolate-mauve hair is the color all you raven-haired beauties have been waiting for. Originally created by NYC-based stylist Hannah Edelman, a chocolate mauve dye job enhances brunette locks with silky pink shades that let your natural color shine through. Here are 11 Instababes rocking the swoon-worthy ‘do.
1. Tousled Waves: Add a bit of volume to your chocolate-mauve hair by lightly curling your strands with a one-inch-barrel curling iron. Run your fingers through it and add a bit of spray to keep your messy waves in place.
2. Short and Curly: Embrace your natural curls with a deep side part to show off your cascading mane. Add texturizing spray to really let the pink shade shine through.
3. Highlights: Achieve the perfect chocolate-mauve hair color by incorporating pink highlights throughout. This subtler take on the trend is perfect for Monday morning in the boardroom or a sultry date-night look.
4. Bold Highlights: Forget those sun-kissed strands of summer and go with a fresh, fall-friendly hue instead. We’re loving the almost rose gold effect of this look.
5. Ombre: Bring a little drama to your everyday ‘do by giving this ombre chocolate-mauve style a try. Add a large flower in your half-up hairdo for a boldly feminine touch.
6. Light Purple: Grow out your grombré by adding mauve into the mix. This is granny-chic taken into 2017 territory.
7. Bangs: Couple this season’s must-have hair hue with trend-right fringe for an Instababe-approved look. Pop on a berry lip stain and a bold set of brows for an edgy interpretation.
8. Shag: This ombre effect is perfect for woke-up-like-this strands. Spritz sea-salt spray all over your hair and lightly tease the roots to achieve expert shag status.
9. Betty Bangs: Go back in time by getting thick, beautiful Betty bangs in addition to your chocolate-mauve makeover. Curl your strands outward to open up your face.
10. Bombshell Waves: These Old Hollywood-style locks look perfect with this subtle chocolate mauve color. Change it up and place it in a ballerina bun for a night of dancing.
11. Ringlets: This chocolate-mauve hair color has the best of both worlds: It’s subtle in the back, yet bold in the front. This horizontal ombre would elevate any cut by giving it dimension and height.
For more colorful hairinspo, follow us on Pinterest!