Now that we’re in the midst of fall and you’ve started to tackle your cold-weather style, it’s time to turn your attention to upgrading your hair. You could opt for a badass grombré or a platinum Marilyn Monroe-inspired hue to lift your beauty spirits, but there’s actually another Instagram trend that won’t require overly harsh bleaching — and it just so happens to be perfect for brunettes. Chocolate-mauve hair is the color all you raven-haired beauties have been waiting for. Originally created by NYC-based stylist Hannah Edelman, a chocolate mauve dye job enhances brunette locks with silky pink shades that let your natural color shine through. Here are 11 Instababes rocking the swoon-worthy ‘do.
1. Tousled Waves: Add a bit of volume to your chocolate-mauve hair by lightly curling your strands with a one-inch-barrel curling iron. Run your fingers through it and add a bit of spray to keep your messy waves in place.
2. Short and Curly: Embrace your natural curls with a deep side part to show off your cascading mane. Add texturizing spray to really let the pink shade shine through.
3. Highlights: Achieve the perfect chocolate-mauve hair color by incorporating pink highlights throughout. This subtler take on the trend is perfect for Monday morning in the boardroom or a sultry date-night look.
4. Bold Highlights: Forget those sun-kissed strands of summer and go with a fresh, fall-friendly hue instead. We’re loving the almost rose gold effect of this look.
5. Ombre: Bring a little drama to your everyday ‘do by giving this ombre chocolate-mauve style a try. Add a large flower in your half-up hairdo for a boldly feminine touch.
6. Light Purple: Grow out your grombré by adding mauve into the mix. This is granny-chic taken into 2017 territory.
7. Bangs: Couple this season’s must-have hair hue with trend-right fringe for an Instababe-approved look. Pop on a berry lip stain and a bold set of brows for an edgy interpretation.
8. Shag: This ombre effect is perfect for woke-up-like-this strands. Spritz sea-salt spray all over your hair and lightly tease the roots to achieve expert shag status.
9. Betty Bangs: Go back in time by getting thick, beautiful Betty bangs in addition to your chocolate-mauve makeover. Curl your strands outward to open up your face.
10. Bombshell Waves: These Old Hollywood-style locks look perfect with this subtle chocolate mauve color. Change it up and place it in a ballerina bun for a night of dancing.
11. Ringlets: This chocolate-mauve hair color has the best of both worlds: It’s subtle in the back, yet bold in the front. This horizontal ombre would elevate any cut by giving it dimension and height.
For more colorful hair inspo, follow us on Pinterest!