6 Reasons Why Chrissy Teigen and Her Mom Give Us Serious #RelationshipGoals
From announcing her pregnancy in the sweetest way and having a fast food restaurant cater her baby shower to sporting Spanx as gym wear and simply not giving a crap, Chrissy Teigen is the BFF we all wish we had. But it’s her relationship with her mom, Vilaluck Teigen, that really solidifies her as the number one draft in on our fantasy celeb squad (sorry, Taylor). From mother-daughter cook offs to Snapchat-worthy shopping hauls, scroll on for six reasons why the Teigen women will make your heart melt.
1. They love celebrating life’s big moments. From Chrissy’s adorable baby shower — which was so luxe, it sported its own Snapchat filter — to her sold-out book signings, the star is rarely seen without her number one fan. (via FabLife)
2. They are a dynamic duo in the kitchen. Chrissy isn’t the only Teigen that’s obsessed with creating delicious grub. Along with including her mom’s papaya and green bean salad in her debut cookbook, Cravings ($15), the pair are often seen experimenting with new ingredients and fusions in the kitchen. That’s when they’re not making us drool on Instagram, of course.
3. They share the same sense of humor. How many moms do you know who would rock this awesome MTV swag bag, complete with a sexy gold-printed tee, a dope chain and a bazillion packs of condoms? Besides momma Teigen, that is. (@chrissyteigen)
4. They’re both obsessed with Chrissy’s puppies. Okay, most dog parents post about their pets on social media. It’s a given. But Chrissy’s mom is just as obsessed, if not more, with posting pics of her granddoggies on the web. Not that we blame her — they are freaking adorable.
5. Chrissy showers her momma with love on social media. “What I love most is my mom’s hilarity, her genuine care for others, her childish humor and her love for everything and everyone,” writes Chrissy Teigen, in a beautiful Facebook letter addressed to her mom (we’re not crying; you are). Whether it’s sharing candid pics of the fam, embarrassing mother daughter #throwbackthursdays or simply listing all the reasons why her mom is the best, Chrissy is super open about how much she loves her momma.
6. It’s super obvious how proud Vilailuck is of her daughter. One look at the celeb mom’s Instagram and you can immediately tell how proud she is of her daughter. From sharing her daughter’s amazing achievements online to offering sweet advice for the new mommy, Vilailuck is constantly showing the world how thankful she is to have her daughter in her life.
Do you love the Teigens as much as we do? Tweet us your comments by mentioning @BritandCo.
Pocket doors are so delightful in and of themselves. They appear when you need them, get tucked away when you don't, and make it easy to define rooms while keeping an open floor plan. Add to the pocket door a joyful patterned wallpaper surprise, and you will be sent right into fits of visual jubilation! Or something ;) Today we're sharing two simple and impactful pocket door makeovers that zhuzh up your space in a jiffy.
Anjelika Temple here, co-founder of Brit + Co and proud owner of several pocket doors! When I moved into my first real grown-up house a couple years ago, I knew I wanted to incorporate wallpaper so reached out to our friends at Chasing Paper to see how we might collaborate. It felt like a total lightbulb moment when I realized I could create a surprise pop of pattern on a couple sets of pocket doors.
Not only is it a whimsical way to bring color into a space, but the doors double as picture-perfect backdrops for all your SFH (selfies from home, obvs).
A few pro tips about install:
- Removable wallpaper is miraculously forgiving! You can take it on and off multiple times without it losing integrity (or mucking up your surface).
- I ordered this adhesive wallpaper installation kit with a squeegee and xacto knife and it worked super well. I also recommend a sharp pair of scissors for cutting longer lines.
- This is a two-person job! Get a friend, put on a playlist, and get ready to bond.
- Wild, organic patterns like Tally are great because it's challenging to spot any imperfections in pattern alignment; keep pattern choice in mind if you've got a lot of corners to match up. More geometric patterns and larger shapes leave less room for error (but are awesome in their own right!).
BATHROOM POCKET DOORS
In our primary bathroom, we chose the wallpaper pattern Tally, designed by Kelly Ventura, in White and Navy. In our space, the navy reads as a soft black, which is perfect for the space. It's easy to combine an ever-rotating collection of linens with the Tally pattern.
I love how the white trim becomes the perfect frame around this pocket door piece of art.
My favorite moment in this space is the fact that you actually get a third pop of pattern thanks to our serendipitously placed mirror!
And yes, this one works pretty darn well as a backdrop too ;)
LIVING ROOM DOUBLE DOORS
This set of doors is definitely a focal point of our home. It separates our living room from our primary bedroom which opens onto our backyard. The doors are pretty much always open, but when they're closed we wanted to evoke a fun, nature-inspired vibe. With that in mind, we selected the Lines and Moons pattern by Thimblepress in Green and Brown.
Earth mama vibes up in here! I love how the shapes and colors echo the ferns you see through the windows and the acorn wood details throughout the house.
Love this pattern moment, and xacto-ing out the door handle is def on the oddly satisfying DIY list.
For a pattern lover like me, I love that now I have this instant photo backdrop!
Thanks to Chasing Paper for providing these rolls of pure pattern amazingness. Head to chasingpaper.com to find our own favorites and start adding patterns to your home!
(Wallpaper wingwoman: Kayla Haykin; Photography: Kurt Andre)