Ciara’s most recent video “Dance Like We’re Making Love” is bursting with looks we can’t wait to copy. The singer has been giving us new fashion inspo since she came onto the scene with “Goodies” in 2004 and had us all dancing in our low-riding flare jeans and bedazzled t-shirts. The master of bodysuits, sultry evening gowns and post-date wear has something for everyone looking to step up their date-night collection.
Look #1: Make Waves
The idea of a nighttime date at a pool or beach can seem super exciting… until you start to think about what on earth you’re supposed to wear. If you’re ready to take your bathing suit game to the next level, look no further. Simple, chic and undeniably sexy, Ciara’s crop-top-suit-combo is a winner.
1. ASOS High-Waist Deep Plunge Swimsuit ($33): Say hello to a plunging neckline that shows off your curves. Not only is that deep-v super hot, but the symmetrical design of the back and front of the suit also balances your body’s proportions.
2. Tri-Blend Short-Sleeve Scrimmage Shirt ($22): This take on the simple white crop top was made for anyone who wants some extra coverage, plus it’s loose enough to be layered over a bathing suit.
3. Free People ‘Oliviera’ Gladiator Sandal ($68): This wrap sandal will make you feel like a Greek goddess, while the edginess keeps you strictly in Ciara territory.
4. Aviator Mirror Lens Sunglasses by zeroUV ($10): Sunglasses are a must-have for a date that begins early in the evening. Flashy lenses are the perfect accessory for your new favorite bathing suit combo.
Look #2: Bright + Sleek
Red-raspberry tones will make you pop! Ciara’s flowing gown features cutouts and a uniquely designed strap that connects the nearly bandeau top, putting a twist on an otherwise simple dress. This dress is so sizzling, you won’t need any accessories to go with it.
5. Fame and Partners Deco Siren Wrap Maxi Dress ($171): Take the thigh slit to the next level with this daring getup. The bright red is just right for a night out on the town, while the breezy fabric is great for warm evenings.
Look #3: Edgy + Sexy
Sleek looks like the black evening gown Ciara wears for her dance number (will we EVER have moves like her?!) never go out of style. The high slits show off Ciara’s dance moves, and they’ll do the same for you.
6. Rebel Yell Criss-Cross Bodycon Dress ($58): This dress is sleek and serious in the front, with a party happening in the back. We’re obsessed with the criss-cross straps that’ll keep your date’s eyes on you the whole night.
7. Metal Mania Ponytail Holder ($8): Skip the statement jewelry and go for a simple yet bling-y hair cuff. We’re all about the subtle shine.
8. Giambattista Valli Lipstick for MAC ($17): This hotly awaited lipstick is creamy and matte, adding a powerful punch to an already seductive look.
Look #4: Go Retro Glam
As lovers of things that sparkle, we pretty much fangirled when Ciara started strutting down the hallway decked out in sequins. This gown is a glammed-up take on a formal evening gown. Top the look with a heavy diamond-encrusted necklace and matching bracelet. They’re perfect for tossing to the floor the moment that you decide to stomp down an aisle to meet your date.
9. Sequin Full Skater Dress ($54): We’ll take any excuse to dress up in a ball gown, but let’s face it — our dates are slightly more ordinary. Nix the floor-length dress for a flirty, sequined number in the same color and just try to resist twirling.
10. Garland Brooch Collar ($44): We dream of diamonds, but we’ll settle for a glittery crystal collar necklace. Whether you copy Ciara’s style or go a colorful strand, you really can’t lose.
Look #5: Post-Date Style
Whether you’re taking it all off or just want to look sexy all night under your clothing, let’s get you dressed in case someone else sees you… well, undressed ;)
11. Banded Teddy by Victoria’s Secret ($68): Ciara rocks her lingerie in a blue color scheme, but switch things up with a teddy that mimics the rich tones of her original look.
12. Papyrus Robe by Cosabella ($187): A kimono-style robe, this delicate option promises comfort and instant sex appeal.
Which look is your fave? Tell us in the comments below!
(Photos via CiaraVEVO)