8 Cleansing Oils to Wash Up With STAT
It’s that time of year when frigid temps, bomb cyclones, and indoor heating silently wreak havoc on your skin, robbing it of precious moisture. On top of that, your daily face-washing routine may be stripping away natural oils that keep your skin looking fresh. Enter cleansing oils, which don’t have the surfactants that make skin drier and more sensitive. “Cleansing oils usually contain essential fatty acids that moisturize the skin, making it feel supple and soft. These ingredients trap the dirt, so they come off easily, rather than stripping away natural oils,” says Dr. Mark Gray, a dermatologist and founder of Ao Skincare. Which means this season may be the perfect time to give a cleansing oil a whirl. Scroll down to find one to work into your skin-cleansing routine STAT.
1. Erborian Solid Cleansing Oil ($39): Don’t be fooled by its looks: The oil-meets-hydrating-moisturizer solid transforms into a fluid when it touches the heat of your skin. It dissolves dirt and impurities, and when you splash on cold water, turns into a silky moisturizing lotion that boosts hydration, collagen production, and elasticity.
2. Boscia MakeUp-BreakUp Cool Cleansing Oil ($32): This refreshing cleanser uses nanotechnology to break down the size of oil particles, allowing makeup (even waterproof formulas) to melt away easily. Ingredients of eucalyptus and botanical amino acids moisturize and reboot dry skin as you massage the cleansing oil in, resulting in soft skin.
3. Burt’s Bees Coconut and Argan Cleansing Oil ($5): Is there anything coconut oil can’t do? This 100 percent natural, ultra nourishing wash keeps skin soft and supple with pure argan and coconut oils, and leaves behind a good dose of fatty acids that replenish natural oils in skin.
4. Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Botanical Cleansing Oil ($32): Washing away dirt with this lightweight oil is a full sensory experience. It converts to a milky wash when you add water and gently removes any trace of makeup, and is enriched with aromatherapy favorites lavender and evening primrose.
5. Cocokind Organic Facial Cleansing Oil ($12): A blend of four oils — avocado, coconut, tea tree, and lavender — make up this natural cleanser that removes makeup in a single swipe. Rinse it away and the oily ingredients will keep skin hydrated for hours.
6. Simple Sensitive Skin Experts Hydrating Cleansing Oil ($10): This non-irritating formula wins not only for sensitive skin, but for all skin types. Massage a few drops into the skin to wipe away grease and dirt and deeply cleanse pores. Bonus: It’s safe to use on eyes and lips too, and will dissolve waterproof mascara and lipstick in a snap.
7. Fatco Cleansing Oil Lavender + Rosemary Lemongrass ($14): Eleven oils make up the ingredients in this formula, and include fatty, rich ones, like castor, avocado, and macadamia nut oils. This blend doesn’t need to be massaged in; instead, you press a warm washcloth over your face, allowing the oil to penetrate the pores, then wipe all the impurities away.
8. Pacifica Coconut Dissolve Cleansing Oil Rehab ($16): We admit that coconut is one of our fave ingredients, not only for its skin-softening properties, but also for its rich, island scent. This cleanser is made up of mostly coconut oil and clears away even the most stubborn makeup, refreshing your skin while giving you a little dose of the tropics.
Got a favorite cleansing oil? Tell us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.