Painting your nails is part of life, y’all. Okay, it’s not a necessity, but it is a really creative form of self-expression — have you seen DIY rainbow ombre nail art? While getting your nails did is fun and all, nail polish is notoriously filled with seriously nasty chemicals, so turning to 5-free nail polish options is an easy way to ensure you + your nails’ health are protected. Peep these 5-free polishes that don’t contain any formaldehyde, dibutyl phthalate, toluene, formaldehyde resin and camphor but bring it BIG time when it comes to color. Your digits are about to get super springy.
1. TenOverTen 017 Rivington in Bright Turquoise ($18): This vibrant turquoise will instantly brighten up your day — and your mani/pedi — with just a couple coats. Bring on spring!
2. Ella + Mila Samba Collection in Copabikini ($11): If you’re all about neon, this is your nail polish. The super bright yellow-green says bring on warm weather, bikinis and tropical vacas.
3. Treat Collection in Poppies and Peonies ($22): A punchy pink is a classic nail polish color choice that never goes out of style. That said, a color that packs this much sunny pigment deserves to be seen — so prepare to break out your fave sandals.
4. Mineral Fusion Confetti Nail Polish ($8): Can’t decide on a fun spring nail polish color? This is your solution. Teal, gold, purple, pink and red confetti fill up this gorgeous bottle of polish — the only thing that’s prettier is when it sparkles on your nails in the sunshine.
5. Smith & Cult Nail Lacquer in Opaque Poppy Red ($18): This red hue with orange undertones is a modern way to wear a classic red. Pair this polish with gold jewelry, and you’re ready to rock.
6. RGB Cosmetics x Jennifer Fisher Jewelry in Sheer ($18): White nail polish seems to always be in style, but the ivory shade seems to take on an even brighter feel when the warmer weather starts — something we’re all about.
7. Piggy Paint in Groovy Grape ($8): It doesn’t get more natural than this nail polish, y’all. Not only does the color rule, but you also won’t have to worry about this stuff having a strong odor or getting into your kids’ hands — it’s totally safe for everyone.
8. Julep Brenna in Boho Glam ($14): A sparkly, sky-blue, glow-in-the-dark polish like this beauty from Julep will invoke instant memories of frolicking in a field outside on a clear day. Think of the little sparkles in the polish as clouds in the sky ;)
9. Priti NYC Nail Polish Lacquer in 376-Etoile Violet ($15): A shimmery violet makes this polish feel a little bit glam and a little bit rock and roll — there’s definitely an edgy vibe to it because of its slightly deep hue and blue undertones.
10. Kure Bazaar Nail Lacquer in Adriana ($16): This grape-colored purple is the perfect in between shade to transition from moody winter hues to brighter springy colors on your nails. You could even add a sheer glitter or shimmer coat to take it to the next level.
11. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Nail Lacquer in Pool Boy ($10): Oh, hello! There’s no way you won’t get noticed sporting this robin egg blue polish. Better yet? It’s cruelty-free + 100% vegan. Score!
12. LACC in 1964 ($13): Tangerine orange on your nails is an awesome color choice to kick off spring the right way. We love how there isn’t any shimmer in this color — it’s all about the orange — which keeps this color really wearable despite its bright hue.
13. Jin Soon Ube in Vivid Lavender ($18): This pastel lavender shade is the perfect balance of spring color and understated minimalism. If you’re more low-key about your look and aren’t a fan of in-your-face colors, consider a muted polish like this one.
14. Zoya Nail Polish in Selene ($10): Calling all mermaids! This dreamy nail polish is ideal if you can’t decide between a grassy green, teal or blue — it has all of those colors in one shimmery bottle. Bring on those by the sea vibes!
15. Suncoat The Peelables in Romance ($9): A light purple, peelable, water-based nail polish? Say whaaa? Paint your nails with this sweet color, and welcome spring weather (and colors!) with open arms.
Follow us on Pinterest for more nail color inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.