Get Ready for St. Patrick’s Day With This Rainbow Ombre Nail Art
St. Patrick’s Day isn’t always about green everything; it’s also about rainbows. So today we’re showing you a simple way to get geared up to celebrate with this rainbow ombre nail art manicure by Gracie J! We’ve already got you covered on the rainbow iced donuts and the St. Patrick’s party favors, so the last thing you need is to match your look to the party. Trust us, you’re going to be over the rainbow for this mani!
- base coat and top coat
- nail polish in orange, yellow, green, blue, purple and pink
- cosmetic sponges
- nail polish remover
- – scissors
1. Prep your nails by pushing back cuticles, filing, etc. Apply a base coat and allow to dry completely.
2. Paint each nail a different color. I went with pink, purple, blue, yellow and orange.
3. Cut your cosmetic sponge to approximately the size of your nail.
4. Once your nails have dried completely, paint a stroke of orange on your sponge and a stroke of yellow directly next to it. Put the sponge over your nail to create the ombre and clean up any polish that got on your skin with remover.
5. Repeat this process with all of the other colors. Once your nails have dried, paint on a top coat.
- After prepping your nails, apply a base coat and allow to dry completely, then paint each nail a different color. Cut a cosmetic sponge to roughly the size of your nail, then paint a stroke of yellow and a stroke of orange directly next to it. Quickly apply the painted sponge to your nail to make sure the polish is still wet. Repeat for each nail, using the next nail’s color for the second stroke, to get the ombre effect.
- Who needs to find gold at the end of the rainbow when your nails look this good?!
- You’ll want this mani every day of the year!
Are you ready for St. Patrick’s Day? What rainbow colors will you be using for your mani? Share with us on Instagram by using the hashtag #britstagram!
Nails: Gracie J
Photography, Production and Styling: Sam Ushiro