With Memorial Day weekend come and gone, summer has officially arrived! If you really want to start the season off right, you’ll need to make sure your BBQ game is strong — whether that’s with some colorful serveware, a souped-up bar cart, or a few outdoor games. Get started with the 17 DIY ideas below and prepare for your best grill-out yet!
2. DIY Burger Printables: A dash of humor goes a long way, especially when it’s wrapped around a burger. Deck out the summer classics in cute printables so guests can get a good laugh while chowing down. (via Studio DIY!)
4. DIY Watermelon Piñata: Contrary to popular belief, you don’t really need a reason to have a piñata. Make these little cuties with paper plates, stuff ’em with goodies, and send your guests away totally smitten. (via Minted)
5. DIY DecoArt Candle Centerpiece: This one’s for those times you left citronellas burning all night. Stock up on outdoor paint, a wooden plank, and battery-powered tea lights for a centerpiece that’ll brighten the night (without burning anything down). (via Damask Love)
8. DIY Hamburger String Lights: Pay homage to the summertime staple with a quirky set of burger string lights. (And yes, this is your chance to leave the Christmas lights up all year long!) (via Brit + Co)
10. DIY Appetizer Plates: Delight guests by serving munchies on plates inspired by the juiciest produce of the season. The best part? The small wonders can be washed and reused all summer long! (via A Kailo Chic Life)
11. DIY Painted Napkins: Keep your party looking good, down to the very last detail. Dress up plain, linen napkins with playful paints for a transition that’s both pretty and practical. (via Boxwood Avenue)
13. DIY Hand Painted Linen Placemats: When it comes to outdoor dining, DIY placemats are the perf way to spiff up a weathered picnic table or protect fresh patio furniture from spills. (via Lia Griffith)
15. DIY Flag Rug: Here’s a project that will take care of all that overflow seating and be super on-theme for the summer holidays to come. The rug is soft enough to sprawl out on, yet sturdy enough to withstand the elements — talk about a win-win. (via Brit + Co)
16. DIY Dip Dyed Baskets: Why search for the perfect baskets when you can make your own? Half-dip basic wicker bowls in dye, then fill ’em with cheesy popcorn, pretzels, and chips. Nom, nom! (via Paper & Stitch)
17. DIY Hammock Chair: Encourage guests to sit and stay awhile with an option that’s way cuter than anything store-bought. Place it in the corner of your yard to create a cozy retreat for when the festivities die down. (via Brit + Co)
Are you hosting an upcoming BBQ? Follow us on Pinterest for even more DIY party inspo.