Casual + sporty is quickly becoming the name of the sartorial game this season. If you’re already rocking (and loving) the laidback athleisure look, then you’ll have no problem jumping on board with the latest street-chic trend. Enter in monochromatic sneakers that conveniently come in every color of the spectrum. No longer restricted solely to the gym, these 21 pairs of athletic stompers can be worn to the office, weekend brunch and even on date night if you play your cards right.
1. Adidas Mono Pro Model Sneaker ($100): You *need* these classic red high-tops in your life, especially since they go hand-in-hand with the black Adidas sweatshirt and running pants you’re practically living in every weekend.
2. Nike Air Max 90 Premium Leather Sneakers ($120): Step up your #allblackornothing aesthetic by parading these stompers around with a ladylike midi skirt and classic tee.
3. Nike Air Max Thea Sneaker ($90): These ultra bright lime sneakers will amp up a pair of boyfriend jeans like that — just make sure to toss on your goes-with-everything moto jacket too.
4. Puma Solange Match Sneakers ($110): For a red-hot look, the only thing missing is a vintage letterman jacket and boyfriend jeans.
5. Nike Air Max 1 Ultra Moire ($65): Dress these sneakers up with an effortless denim jacket, statement sweatshirt and cool girl-approved leather skirt.
6. Puma Suede Classic Sneaker ($65): Kick back and enjoy these retro suede classics. Major bonus: The teal blue color palette plays well with virtually any #OOTD.
7. Nike Air Force 1 in Orange Neon ($100): There’s no blending in with these neon orange Air Force Ones. Pull a Rihanna by pairing these stompers with a midi-length pencil skirt or leather pants and a crop top.
8. Reebok Lifestyle Classic Nylon Slim Pigment ($41): Plain ol’ white tennies don’t stand a chance against these aqua blue kicks. Wear them to punch up your denim-on-denim ensemble.
9. Asics Gel-Kayano Mono Print Pack Sneaker ($100): On Wednesdays, we wear pink trainers (and matching running shorts). Here’s all the motivation you’ll need to start prepping for the upcoming Turkey Trot.
10. New Balance 420 Green Perforated Suede Trainers ($117): Enter in the dark teal New Balance kicks that you’ll be running all of your errands in from here on out. These trainers will look just as ah-mazing with a minimalist sweatshirt dress as they do with one of your prized fisherman sweaters.
11. Marc by Marc Jacobs Bond Canvas Sneakers ($300): Don’t hesitate to dress these white military-inspired stompers up with a head-turning jumpsuit or an on-trend pair of culottes for a statement-making look.
12. Adidas by Stella McCartney CC Sonic Boost Mesh Sneakers ($160): Add a major pop of color to your outfit with these standout coral mesh sneakers that are just as comfy as they look. Thanks to extra cushiony soles and ventilation, running a 5K — or your weekend errands — will be a breeze in these runners.
13. Puma Suede Classic Matte and Shine Sneakers ($65): Go for the unexpected with these sparkly (!) purple sneakers. Now all that’s missing is a rad backpack and high ponytail.
14. Adidas by Raf Simons ($426): Get ready to up your street-style game with these high-fashion sneakers brought to you by Raf Simons. Besides the bright sunshine hue, these retro kicks are practically begging to be paired with leather leggings and an oversized turtleneck sweater.
15. Puma Suede Classic Geo Women’s Sneakers ($90): Our girl Solange teamed up with Puma to bring us the coolest sneaker collaboration yet. If Solange’s eclectic fashion sense is any indication, then it only seems fitting to pair these stylish green-on-green kicks with something equally bold + attention-grabbing. Add a geo printed trench coat or neon track jacket into the equation for much panache.
16. Chuck Taylor All Star Low Top Sneaker ($39): TBH, Converse Chucks never go out of style. For a foolproof back-to-school look, these purple sneakers would look on point paired with a denim shirtdress and a laid-back pullover.
17. New Balance 996 Lime Nubuck Trainers ($162): Be a boss in these bright yellow athletic trainers that demand attention. Rock them with a monochromatic suit for a business-sporty look that can’t be beat.
18. Reebok Women’s Hi Spirit Classic Shoe ($70): Be it skinny jeans, leather pants or metallic running shorts, there’s nothing off limits as far as these amazing purple sneakers are concerned.
19. Reebok x UO Coral Spirit Running Sneaker ($75): If you didn’t think that sneakers were your thing, that’s all about to change. These peachy Reebok running shoes are not only comfortable — and perfect for racking up all those miles on your Fitbit — but they look super sporty paired with denim button-front skirts and oversized sweatshirts.
20. Saucony Grid SD Premium Sneaker ($120): It’s up for debate whether these tennies were made for running marathons or conquering sample sales.
21. Reebok Classic Leather Gold Spirit Trainers ($108): These metallic gold kicks will straight-up stun, no matter how you style ‘em. For max street-style perfection, slip them on with a LBD and let the compliments roll in.
Yay or nay? Will you be rocking athletic sneakers this fall? Let us know in the comments below!