21 of the Most Colorful Throw Pillows
A decorative pillow is just that: decorative. They really don’t serve any purpose except for the occasional living room blanket fort and maybe a footrest during a movie marathon. We don’t really need them, yet every season we start swooning over the new colors, patterns and shapes that are practically begging to be tossed on our sofa. Summer is an especially exciting time to update your decor with bright colors and a fresh new look. The cheapest way to do that? With a few new pillows, of course. See, we are practically saving you money by showing you these summery, must-have pillows ;)
1. DIY Pastel Painted Pillows: What could be more fun than grabbing some paint and actually painting a design on your throw pillows? Pick and choose the perfect color palette and then have fun mixing up the designs with random splatters and straight-ish hand-painted stripes. (via Sugar and Cloth)
2. Retro Patterns ($20): Flash back to brighter days with this crazy cool patterned pillow. With all these colors going on, it’s sure to coordinate with something you already have in your living room.
3. DIY Gilded Shapes: Bring in that warm sunshine with some pillows that have a golden glow all their own. You don’t even have to DIY the whole pillow — just use a gold adhesive to iron onto any plain pillow you already have. (via Sarah Hearts)
4. Yellow Scales ($38): Is it just us, or does this bright pillow make you want to start humming The Beatles? “Here comes the sun,” la la la la.
6. Brushstrokes ($75): Graphic and bold, these pillows have the perfect amount of handmade charm without any of the mess. Use it on its own or add it to a pile of other colorful pillows. Either way, these blue and yellow pieces are a must-have for your summer decor.
7. Chambray Daisies ($32): Remember the daisy crowns of our youth? Bring some of that summer charm into your living room with this blue-gray chambray pillow covered in bright yellow and white flowers.
8. Rainbow Tassels ($128-$160): Whether you have a dark or light couch, these cheery lavender pillows bring just the right amount of whimsy and color to the room with their whole rainbow of little tassels.
10. Diamond Kilim Pillow ($59): You’ll get all the colors of a beautiful desert sunset with this Southwest-inspired throw pillow.
13. Cock-a-doodle-doo Pillow ($40): Don’t be square. Add some more shapes to your throw pillow collection. When geometric patterns and florals just won’t cut it, it’s time to go for something a little more wild and crazy, like these two perky roosters.
14. Bridge City Blooms ($70): You know that feeling you get when you bring a fresh bouquet of flowers home? With a pile of these blooming pillows, you can get that feeling every single time you curl up on your couch.
15. Shannon Pillow ($120): If you’re looking for something ridiculously vibrant, you can stop looking now. Orange, pink and purple never looked so fabulous.
16. DIY Painted Pillows: Depending on how many you need, throw pillows can be pricey. Pick up an armful of colorful pillows at IKEA and give them a look that’s all you with some tape and paint. (via Brit + Co)
17. Outdoor Pillows ($30): Summer equals outdoor everything. This means you’re probably going to be spending less time on your living room couch and more time out on your patio. Cushion those hard deck chairs and benches with some seriously stylish geo pillows.
18. Woven Navy Pillow ($35): Perk up your bedroom or couch with this plush kilim pillow featuring a textured design with classy shades of navy blue and bright pops of pink and orange.
19. Tribeca Pillow ($60): Mint, orchid, navy — this geometric pillow has all our favorite shades and just the right amount of bold pattern to perk up a bland couch or all-white bedroom.
20. Cacti Affair ($40): Are you and your black thumb still have a hard time managing that indoor garden? Bring in some greenery with this fabulously verdant cactus pillow that will never, ever die on you.
21. Zig Zag ($55-$75): Toss some bubble gum pink onto your bed for some bright + trendy pattern. Handmade in India, this soft and durable cotton pillow is a fun take on more traditional geometric shapes.
Did any of these throw pillows make it onto your wish list? Tell us what you’re “throwing” on your couch these days in the comments below!