Wrap it Up: 30 Cute Cookie Wrappers to Buy or DIY
What’s the secret to gifting a batch of baked goods? It’s simple really: pretty presentation. Food gifts are always a favorite, and beautiful packaging makes them so fun! You don’t have to be a master baker to invent a thoughtful food gift. (If the packaging is creative, who will even notice if the cookies aren’t homemade!?) We’ve made it easy for you to amp up your cookie-gifting game with these 30 cute cookie-wrapping ideas.
1. White Gable Boxes ($16 for 8): A simple white bakery box transforms into a glamorous gift with the addition of a ribbon and a personalized gift tag. So cute!
2. Paper Plate Baskets: Food-safe dye transforms ordinary paper plates into stylish storage. (We don’t know about you, but we’re conjuring up a billion uses for these brilliant baskets!) (via Design Mom)
3. Striped Bakery Boxes: Show up with this bakery box in hand and everyone will definitely be intrigued. Delivering the box is almost as fun as eating the cookies inside!
4. Glass Mason Jars: Display your unmistakably delicious goods proudly — in a shiny glass jar. We recommend stacking the cookies between layers of wax paper to ensure that they don’t stick together. (via Made From Scratch)
5. Chevron Mini Gable Box ($2): Gift your goods in style! Gable boxes are all the rage at the moment.
7. Free DIY Cookie Bag Printable: We’re excited about these cookie wrappers that aren’t only cute, but are also free printables! Wrap your cookie in cling wrap first to keep it extra fresh. (via Love from Ginger)
8. Birch Log Pringles Canister: Don’t toss that Pringles can just yet! Printable birch log paper can transform a canister into a cozy container for your edibles. Totally cute! (via Sense and Simplicity)
10. Paper Bag Cookie Packaging: Brown paper packages tied up with string — add this to our list of favorite things! While this DIY is actually in German, the photo tutorial is easy to follow. (via Tabula Rosi)
13. DIY Folded Paper Cookie Gift Box: Emerge from your kitchen with something totally stellar. And shareable. Because you want to share… at least, you’ll want to share when the cookie box looks this impressive. (via It’s Always Autumn)
14. Cellophane and Fabric Bow Cookie Packaging: Your cookies have baked up beautifully. They deserve an equally stunning presentation. May we suggest a bit of cellophane with fabric bows? It’s simple, but totally sweet. (via Heather Bullard)
15. One Smart Cookie Packaging: Use a free printable to make a smart cookie wrap and prove your cleverness to teacher — er, make your teacher feel smarter. Wait… what? This giftable makes everyone look smart ;) (via One Charming Party)
16. DIY Paper Bow Cookie Wrap: Just in time for spring, a colorful bow blooms to adorn your cookie wrap. This bundle can also make a beautiful edible place card for a spring table. (via The Elli Blog)
18. Recycled Egg Carton Cookie Packaging: It doesn’t get much more inexpensive than an egg carton! It makes the perfect cookie cradle for small bites. Jazz it up a bit with some cellophane — and ribbon. Just genius! (Note: If you’re worried about reusing egg cartons, you can purchase new ones quite inexpensively online.) (via My Recipes)
19. Muffin Pan Cookie Gifting: A muffin tin loaded up with cookies will outdo any other hostess gift. Because everyone enjoys a good cookie and no one can have too many muffin tins. (via Texas Cottage)
20. Sweet Heart Lace Favor Boxes ($14 for 25): Imagine one of these stunning little boxes, loaded with baked goods and dropped discreetly on your doorstep or desk. Sweet! With the help of these bakery boxes, you have the power to make someone’s day awesome.
22. Waxed Paper Bag With Handwritten Note: Here’s what we’re doing: folding wax paper, slapping on some tape, adding cookies, writing a personal note and BOOM! We’re a food gift expert. (You can be too!) (via BHG)
23. Ribbon Wrapped Baking Pan: Arrange your tasty treats inside a basic foil pan and let a bit of tissue paper and some ribbon work magic. The lucky recipient can reuse the pan after they’ve enjoyed the treats! (via BHG)
24. Cookie Dough for Gifting: No cookie crumbles here! Less work for you and less mess all around when you gift cookie dough to your friends. (Baking cookies are basically edible air fresheners, so your friends will enjoy them twice!) (via No. 2 Pencil)
25. Color Dot Handle Box ($6 for 5 boxes): The only thing that can top your best cookie recipe is the cutest-ever cookie box. This one is pretty adorable (and so perfect for spring!).
26. Envelope Enclosed Platter: A few folds and a piece of corrugated paper are all it takes to create a handy dandy envelope for your cookie platter. Add ribbon to spiffy the packaging up a bit. (via BHG)
29. Twine-Wrapped Treat Bags: Don’t hide your pretty confections under a box or paper bag! Cellophane-wrapped cookies are delightfully shareable… and irresistible. Help yourself to a cookie (or a handful)! (via Bakerella)
30. Milk Truck Cookie Box ($5): Special Delivery! Who wouldn’t want to receive a package from this whimsical little milk truck box?
We’re curious! Which is more important to you: A cute wrapper or the cookie inside? Dish about your love for baked goods and bakery boxes in the comments!
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.