13 Cool Kid Hairdos That Are Absolute #goals
We leave no stone unturned when it comes to finding the next source for hair inspo. Whether it’s the runway, the red carpet or the street, we search high and low for creative ideas that will take our strands from simple to stunning. The latest and greatest hair looks this season, however, have come from a surprising source — children. That’s right — little humans are killing the hair game. #kidswithcoolhair is a hashtag the Internet has gifted us that keeps on giving. These pint-size influencers are rocking rainbow locks and complex braids that are absolute goals. Not only are they fun and stylish, but they also make us wish our parents had let us rock these awesome looks back in the day. Want to see what the kids are wearing nowadays? Here are 13 child hairstyles that will inspire your own.
1. Pompadour Pouf: This fashionista is flaunting what her mama gave in the form of this stylish pompadour pouf and pony. Add a fur vest and a bold lip and you can recreate this style for your next brunch with the girls.
2. Four-Strand French Fishtail: We can’t get over how amazing this braid looks on such a tiny model. This intricate plait is the perfect look for your bestie’s fall wedding.
3. Triple Side Braid: Channel your inner trendsetter with this triple side braid that has us longing for summers at camp and back-to-school shopping. Pull the rest of your strands into a low bun for an elegant take on this fun style.
4. Double Bow Buns: Double buns are making a major comeback, so there’s no time like the present to sport this style. Take it to the next level and combine this ’90s style with trend-right braids, like this adorable mini style star. Add a couple bows and you’re good to go.
5. Four Ponytails in One: Why rock two pigtails when you can wear multiples? Weave your strands underneath each other to create the most show-stopping waterfall ponytail of all time.
6. Rose Buns: Why go for the traditional braided crown when you can opt for this rose bun crown instead? This style is tailor-made for cool fall weddings and date nights with your boo.
7. Sleek Fishtail: Straight-haired beauties, this is for you. This sweet, sleek fishtail is pretty much perfection thanks to the wee subject’s natural ombre coloring. Lucky for us, you’re never too old to wear a fabulous fishtail.
8. Mermaid Bob: Change up your whole look with this stunning Ariel-approved bob. Opt to cut your bangs on the shorter side for a grown-up twist.
9. Unicorn Shag: It’s time to upgrade your locks with a new dye job, inspired by this school-aged stunner. Why couldn’t we have been this cool when we were younger?
10. Green Tips: If you don’t want to dye *all* of your hair, just color the ends for a cool-girl-meets-grunge-goddess look that feels so RN. Better yet, create an ombre effect via balayage for a more subtle feel that will satisfy HR.
11. Half-Up Curls: Curly hair, don’t care — especially when it’s paired with next-level color combos and omg-worthy ombre. The only thing more amazing than this mini model’s style is the fact that her locks totally match her dress.
12. Undercut: Introducing the most badass kid to ever walk the planet. Follow this cool girl’s lead and embrace your inner wild child with an undercut to end all undercuts. Between the dye job and the sunburst detail, this kid has the world beat — and her age is probably still in the single digits.
13. Triple Pony: Forgo your traditional boring pony and recreate this three-tiered fishtail-meets-waterfall-pony hairstyle instead. Take all your style cues from this trendy tot by finishing your look with an off-the-shoulder top with a ruffle detail. This kid is all the goals!
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo!