Braid Inception: 20 Ways to Wear Braids in Your Braids
Y’all know we love us some braids. We rock the French, the Dutch, the fishtail, and we even mix them together sometimes. But we’re ready to up the ante. Why wear a three-strand braid when you can rock five strands? Our question exactly. Some nights just demand you go the extra mile. These braided ‘dos let you do just that.
1. Chinese Staircase Braid: Forget staircase, this braid looks like old-timey basket weaving to us. And no matter how hard we stare at it, we can’t figure out how it was done. Luckily, the tutorial clears all of that up. (via The Shine Project)
6. Pull Thru Braid: Even if, try as you might, you can’t master that stubborn fishtail, we promise you can do this one. It looks like a Dutch braid, but all that’s required are some clear elastic ties. (via The Small Things Blog)
10. Tricked Out Side Braid: Even your braids have braids. Just tucking two little braids into one section of this side braid makes it a way cooler look with barely any extra effort. (via Hair Romance)
11. Little Fishtails: Maybe your layers make sustaining a full-length fishtail challenging, but that’s no reason to miss out on the fun. These chunky baby braids are just the ticket. (via Join the Mood)
15. Knotted Side Braid: Here’s another elegant side braid with no braiding required. If you can tie a knot, you can rock this look. We can’t wait to try it with super-textured hair. (via Camille Styles)
16. Combo Braid: If you’re a braiding fiend, this is the look for you. You’ve got an awesome French fishtail in the front, flowing into an oversized Elsa-esque braid for the length. (via The Beauty Department)
How do you rock braids on braids on braids? Share your fave tutorials below!