5 NYE Party Style Tips for Couples
When it comes to holiday cocktail attire, you don’t want to clash with your date, but it’s hard to coordinate without being overly matchy-matchy. And especially on New Year’s Eve, your want your style as a couple to shine. To soothe your winter wardrobe woes, we asked the queen of chic, Christine Andrew of Hello Fashion, and husband Cody Andrew, founder of men’s blog, Hello His, for advice on how to rock the big night away in style with your partner in crime. Can you say #CoupleGoals? Keep reading for some of their top tips!
1. Add a splash of color. There’s nothing that gets you more in the spirit of the season than a bright holiday red. Incorporating this vibrant hue into your outfit — whether it’s a skirt, high-waisted trousers, or just a hint in your accessories — adds the perfect festive touch.
2. Take it to the next level. Take your NYE ensemble to the next level by pairing your skirt or trousers with a sparkly sweater. You can also try adding fun, colorful pieces like this pink, feminine jacket. For a more traditional look, a black turtleneck sweater always works for any winter occasion, and will effortlessly complement your date’s attire too.
3. Get your textile on. Another chic way to complement your S.O. without looking too matchy is by mixing in some cool textiles to your outfit. This plaid dress shirt has a hint of red, just enough to give off a subtle holiday feel. It adds dimension to a night-out outfit, and can easily be worn during the rest of the year as well.
4. It’s all about the details. We spiced up Cody’s outfit with a fun polka-dot print bow tie. Color coordinating the little details is a great way to dress up an outfit, and another subtle way to look like the perfect pair without being over-the-top.
5. Dress for the occasion. Looking like you’re both going to the same party is half the battle. It seems like men like to keep it simple and dress down, so encourage your guy to get fancy with you. It’s fun to feel festive together and there’s definitely something sexy about a guy dressed a little fancy.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photos via Hello Fashion)