Winter air that dries out your skin is the worst. All you’re trying to do is apply some blush to liven things up a little, but instead of going on smooth, your powdered blush just cakes and flakes. It might be time for a seasonal switch out. That’s where a cream blush comes in. These moisture-rich formulas are ideal for cooler days because you can blend them directly into your skin without worrying about extensive priming. Here are some options that will bring the brightness back — to your cheeks, at least. Is it spring yet?!
1. Chosungah 22 Real Cheek Smoother Blush ($22): If harsh pinks and reds aren’t really your thing, you might appreciate a softer satin peach or light lilac blush from this beloved Korean makeup brand. It’s infused with cotton and fruit extract, so your skin will feel hydrated and protected, even when the winter wind blows.
2. Milk Makeup Blush Oil ($26): Finally, an oil-based formula that’s enriched with orange peel, sunflower, and grape seed oils, so you know it’s going to go on super smooth. Plus, the push of a button on this smart applicator pen dispenses just the right amount of blush each time. So easy!
3. Julep Skip the Brush Blush Stick ($24): If you’re still missing your powder blush this winter, try this option. It’s a cream blush that turns into a powder when applied. Dab a few drops of one of the three fun colors: golden guava, desert rose, or peony pink. Blend upward for a light, sheer finish.
4. Origins It’s Enough to Make You Blush ($17): Origins is already known for the all-natural ingredients in their skincare, and their makeup options are no exception. Their water-based creamy blush gives you that rosy glow you’re after without the chemicals. It comes in two pretty colors, darker raspberry or coralberry to brighten everything up.
5. Benefit Dandelion Dew Baby Pink Liquid Blush ($28): No need to worry about matching the right shade to your skin here. Dandelion Dew is designed for all skin tones. You’ll definitely want to add this soft, radiant option to your winter makeup regimen.
6. Glossier Cloud Paint ($18): If you prefer a natural glow, try one of these popular shades from Glossier. They’re inspired by gradient sunset shades — think pale pink “puff” or peach “beam.” Just dab on your cheek with your digits and get a seamless, sheer look whenever or wherever.
Looking for more beauty inspo? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.