16 Creative Ways to Have Your Cheesecake and Eat It Too
You’ve finished your meal and you’re so full you feel like you can’t fit a single bite more in your stomach… Until the waiter brings the dessert list over. Lo and behold, they have a decadent cheesecake special. Suddenly, you’re not as full as you thought. No matter what, if cheesecake is on the menu, it’s definitely getting ordered. But as much as you love it, sometimes it’s fun to switch it up from your basic slice and experiment with unique cheesecake recipes (hello, blueberry cheesecake dip). Below, we’ve rounded up everything from cheesecake-inspired waffles to frosty popsicles and ice cream, all ready for you whip up at a moment’s notice. Throw out that water bath and put your springform pan in storage, because these 16 recipes will change the way you eat cheesecake.
1. Strawberry Cheesecake Tart: The only thing that *might* be better than a graham cracker crust is one made from puff pastry. Did we mention this tart has only five ingredients? Time to go shopping. (via Sweet and Savory by Shinee)
2. Strawberry Cheesecake French Toast: We can’t think of a better way to wake up than to the smell of strawberry French toast baking. If you’re having overnight guests, you need to have this ready to go in the a.m. You can prep it ahead of time and pop it in the oven right before it’s time for breakfast. (via Chew Out Loud)
3. Strawberry Cheesecake Biscuit Waffles: It doesn’t get much easier than canned biscuits in a waffle maker. Stuffed between two biscuits is a dollop of sweetened lemon cream cheese that offers up a major surprise when you cut into it. Serve with an extra spoonful on top and a healthy dose of strawberry compote to finish. (via The Girl Who Ate Everything)
4. Skinny Mini PB Oreo Cupcakes: Reduced-fat cream cheese, egg whites and powdered PB give this treat its “skinny” name. There are only three Oreos in the entire batch, so you can really stretch out those last few cookies you have lying around. (via It’s Cheat Day Everyday)
5. Cherry Cheesecake Popsicles: Cherries are arguably the most well-known of cheesecake toppings. These popsicles use fresh pitted cherries and a mix of Greek yogurt and cream cheese to keep things on the healthier side. (via Foodess)
6. No-Churn Nutella Cheesecake Ice Cream: How could you say no to something that combines Nutella, cheesecake AND ice cream? After a few hours of patient freezing time, you’re rewarded with a creamy frozen treat that took very little effort. (via The Merchant Baker)
7. Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars: Can’t decide between making chocolate chip cookies and cheesecake? Make both! These hybrid cookie bars even come complete with a graham cracker crust. (via The Blissful Balance)
8. Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake Balls: These may just be the definition of indulgent. Imagine an eggless ball of cookie dough in the middle, surrounded by a layer of creamy vanilla cheesecake and dipped in chocolate. Yeah, these are going to go reeeeeeeally quick. (via Life, Love and Sugar)
9. Fried Cheesecake Roll-Ups: If you’ve ever longed to eat your cheesecake fried, now’s your chance! Make good use of that giant pack of tortillas and whip up these cheesecake roll-ups STAT. (via Brown Sugar)
10. Mini No-Bake White Chocolate Lemon Cheesecake Tarts: These tiny tarts may look difficult to make, but they’re far from complicated. You can purchase the tart shells pre-made, and the filling is a simple no-bake recipe that can be whipped up in seconds. Minimal, yet delicious. (via The Chunky Chef)
11. No-Bake Berry Cheesecake Trifle: Whether you decide to make your own angel food cake or purchase one at the grocery store, this trifle turns out flawless every time. The star of the dish is undoubtedly the creamy cheesecake layer that drips between each and every chunk of cake. (via Live Well Bake Often)
12. No-Churn Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream: You’ll never resort to store-bought cheesecake ice cream again once you see how easy it is to make your own. No special equipment required. (via Pumpkin ‘N Spice)
13. Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries: Kids will LOVE this fun way of eating fruit. They can even practice their piping skills by helping you fill each strawberry with the easy cheesecake mixture. (via Dessert Now, Dinner Later)
15. Lemon Berry Swirl Mini-Cheesecakes: Special days call for special desserts. These individual cheesecakes have an olive oil and sea salt cracker crust, a creamy lemon base and a sweet blueberry swirl that absolutely SCREAMS celebration. (via Baking a Moment)
Follow us on Pinterest for more decadent dessert recipe ideas.
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)