While we can all agree that cheesecake is a delicious dessert, sometimes in this world of cronuts and other outrageous creations, it can seem just a tad dull. In honor of National Cheesecake Day, we’re here to take this forgotten dessert out of its rut. With these 16 anything-but-ordinary recipes, you’ll be ready to conquer the decadent treat in some unique + tasty ways.
1. Peach, Thyme and Ricotta Cheesecake Parfaits: With temperatures soaring, the last thing you want is a super heavy dessert. A ricotta parfait with peaches is light and fresh but still satisfies your craving for cheesecake. (via Borrowed Salt)
4. Strawberry Cheesecake Wontons: You may associate wontons with savory foods (AKA Chinese takeout), but really, they make perfect vessels to take on any flavor, especially strawberry cheesecake. (via Barbara Bakes)
6. Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookie Bars: This recipe is the definition of indulgence. Rich cheesecake is sandwiched between two chewy chocolate chip cookies for a bite of pure bliss. (via The Pancake Princess)
7. Raspberry Cheesecake Crepes: Who says you can’t have cheesecake for breakfast? The next time you want to spoil someone with a special breakfast, try out these berry cheesecake crepes. (via Once Upon a Cutting Board)
8. Gluten-Free Chocolate Cheesecake Cookies: With this recipe, a simple chocolate cookie is made softer and chewier with the addition of cheesecake. They’re quick to make and gluten-free. (via Gluten Free on a Shoestring)
9. Blueberry Cheesecake Stuffed French Toast: Golden slices of bread are stuffed with creamy cheesecake filling and topped with blueberries for a seriously decadent way to start the day. (via Kitchen Meets Girl)
10. Peach Almond Yogurt Cheesecake Bars: This faux cheesecake looks like the real deal but is made with the much healthier alternative of yogurt. Make sure to whip these up while you still have plenty of sweet summer peaches around. (via The Roasted Root)
11. Waffled Cheesecake: No, we’re not messing with you. Cheesecake waffles ARE a real thing. This may look like a regular waffle, but it’s actually cheesecake that’s been cooked in a waffle iron. (via Sprinkle Bakes)
12. Roasted Strawberry Cheesecake Pops: Summer is the one time of the year when we think it’s perfectly acceptable to eat popsicles for every meal. The strawberries and cheesecake here turn a standard pop into something much more exciting. (via The Speckled Palate)
13. Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries: These little cheesecake bites are perfect for your next summer soiree. They’re simple to make, but pretty enough to still make an impression on your guests. (via The Comfort of Cooking)
14. Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Cupcakes: Using whole Oreos as the crust of your cheesecake is #brilliant! The small size means you get just enough cheesecake to keep you satisfied but not so much that it feels too heavy. (via Handle the Heat)
15. Black Raspberry Cheesecake Milkshake: This recipe gives you two treats for the price of one. Start off with a black raspberry cheesecake ice cream and turn a scoop of that into a milkshake whenever the mood strikes. (via Blahnik Baker)
Which of these creative cheesecake recipes are you most excited to try out? Sound off in the comments below.