Cookies are a classic go-to treat, and it’s no wonder! They’re simple to make, they’re always delicious and they can be decorated to match any theme or occasion. Even a simple sugar cookie can get a major upgrade with just a little extra decorating effort. Grab your cookie cutters, pick up some glitter and think about how you’re going to wrap up your next batch, because here are 16 totally awesome cookie designs that are sure to wow the crowd this summer.
1. Easy Ombre Cookies: Sometimes the most dazzling of cookies have the simplest design. Achieve this cool pattern in a snap just by using food coloring sprays. (via The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle)
2. Wonder Woman: Celebrate the lovely ladies in your life with glittery Wonder Woman cookies made just for them. (via Sugarbliss Cookies)
3. You’re the Peanut Butter to My Jelly: We’ve never seen a PB+J look this cute before. (via The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle)
4. 4th of July Cookies: Cookies on cookies? You bet! This decorating idea comes just in time for our favorite summer holiday. (via Bake at 350)
5. Bunting Cookies: This is a fab, multi-purpose design that can be used for any party or celebration (seriously, any). And the crazy bright colors look like they flew right off the Brit + Co website! (via Munchkin Munchies)
6. Retro Style Paris Cookies: Bright and beautiful Paris cookies are always a good idea. (via Miss Biscuit)
7. Anthropologie Mug Cookie: Who knew a mug could inspire such gorgeous cookies? These look almost too pretty to eat. (via Sweet Ambs)
8. Fox Face, You’re a Star: What does the fox say? Pretty sure it’s saying, “Delicious!” (via The Bearfoot Baker)
9. Comic Cookies: Using edible food transfers allows you to master awesome designs like this. You could easily pull from old comics to decorate your cookies, or even make one up yourself. (via The Simple, Sweet Life)
10. Peach Cookies: These impressive peach cookies are actually very simple to make. Stick two cookies together with Dulce de Leche filling in the middle, dip them in food coloring and roll them in sugar. (via Let the Baking Begin)
11. Ice Cream Cone Cookies ($42): This is the only surefire way to enjoy an ice cream cone before it melts.
12. Decorating Donuts: Tiny, chocolate sugar cookies turned into delectable donuts. Yum! (via Bakerella)
13. Root Beer Float Cookies: Your favorite diner delight can easily be created as totally adorable cookies. (via Melissa Joy Cookies)
14. Love Letter Cookies: The world can always use more love, especially the kind that tastes as delicious as these. (via Pink Pistachio)
15. Watermelon Cookies: It wouldn’t be summer without watermelon! These baked treats are simple enough for even the least skilled of bakers to tackle. (via Glorious Treats)
16. Mini Burger Cookies: These epic cookies are exactly what you need to wow the crowd at your next summer party. (via The Girl Who Ate Everything)
Which of these awesome designs is your favorite? How do you like to decorate your cookies? Leave us your thoughts in the comments below or on Facebook.