25 Ways to Win With Watermelon
There’s something about watermelon—it just isn’t summer without it. But you can do more than just serve it in wedges or in a fruit salad. Paired with basil and feta, it becomes a savory salad, and paired with vodka it becomes…well, the best cocktail to round out the summer months. So, for National Watermelon Day (which just happens to be today), here are our top 25 watermelon recipes.
11. Cucumber Watermelon Shooters: Part of our ever-popular “Spike Your Sweets” series, these shooters aren’t a beverage, but the watermelon is saturated with vodka, so we’re counting it as a cocktail. (via Brit + Co)
20. Watermelon Mojitos: Start out by making watermelon simple syrup for these mojitos. If you have any syrup left over, it’s also a great addition to some seltzer for a fresh soda. (via Pink Recipe Box)
22. Watermelon Drink Dispenser: This might be our all time favorite watermelon recipe. Not only is it a delicious drink, but serving it out of the watermelon itself will take your party to the next level. (via Brit + Co)
24. Braised Pork Belly Tacos with Watermelon, Jicama, and Jalapeño Salsa: Watermelon and pork belly just seem to go well together. Plus, the jicama in the salsa has a great crunch. (via Food 52)
25. Watermelon Grilled Cheese Bites: These easy appetizers are best when you use halloumi, a firm Greek cheese, but if you can’t find it at your grocery store, feta can be substituted. (via Brit + Co)
What’s your favorite way to eat watermelon? Share your recipe or the link to it in the comments!