Whether your tiny tot is just taking her first steps or you’re counting down the days until your baby makes his first appearance, we’ve got 14 ways to celebrate the newest addition to your family. After successfully baby-proofing your home and wrangling your kiddo into a festive holiday onesie, you totally deserve to reward yourself with one of these sweet and sentimental ornaments commemorating your baby’s first Christmas.
1. Baby Handprint Ornament Kit ($16): Kick off the holiday season with a little buy and a little DIY. This kit from Pottery Barn includes air-dry clay, cookie cutters, ribbon, glitter and everything else you’ll need to create a totally personal and adorable memento.
2. Custom Baby’s First Christmas Ornament ($25): Shoutout to one of the talented makers in the B+C Shop. We highly recommend ordering one of these hand-filled and handwritten baubles of love ASAP so you can hang it in time for Christmas.
4. Plush Ornament ($6): Let’s be honest, buying one of those limited edition crystal trinkets for a newborn is a tiny bit ridiculous — it’ll be years before you even let the kid touch it. But this big softie will survive many seasons of tree trimming.
5. Monogrammed Acacia Wood Ornament Set ($25): This wooden set is perfect for a rustic and traditional Christmas. The circular ornament gets the baby’s monogram, while the rest of the shapes remain timeless.
6. Personalized Hand Painted Glass Ornament ($36): Does baby already have a favorite stuffed animal? Have it painted to perfection by this Etsy artist, whose curly and polka-dotted details have us ready to deck the halls early.
7. Personalized Rocking Horse Ornament ($54): An ode to a classic Christmas present that won’t scratch your floors and will don the branches for years to come — win-win-win.
8. Hand Embroidered Ornament ($29): What better way to celebrate a Christmas tradition than with a handmade tradition? Plus, these cute designs may inspire you to learn some cross-stitching yourself (we got you covered there too).
9. Personalized Wooden Ornaments ($11): Just look at that basket of goodies full of gingerbread men, mittens and woodland creatures, all of which can be personalized on the back. As an added perk, get some karma for your baby: A tree is planted for every ornament sold.
10. Personalized Wooden Snowflake Ornament ($25): Sustainable materials + laser cutting + monograms = a maker’s dream heirloom.
11. Stamped Disc Ornaments ($23): Those stamps and that font… why not order a set for the entire family?
12. Personalized Puppy Ornament ($54): Is your baby actually a giant furball? Let’s show them some love too!
13. DIY Stamped Wood Ornament: If you’re feeling especially creative, we’re confident you could totally DIY a similar ornament using some cork coasters, stamps and a calligraphy class. (via LittleWeeShop)
O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree, how lovely are these ornaments? Tell us how you’ll be personalizing your baby’s first bauble.