13 Diaper Bags for the Uber Hip Mom
Thankfully for the purse-obsessed, diaper bags have come a long way. If you’re a fashion forward, gadget-hooked mom, the pickings are a-plenty. From a custom avant garde look to incognito stylish totes, you can now step out of the everyday without compromising style with functionality and comfort combined. And if you’re of the more discerning type, you too needn’t compromise. Today’s changing bags look so good you’ll have a tough time convincing your friends that it really is a diaper bag. (Psh, or don’t… we won’t tell!)
1. Marc by Marc Jacobs Pretty Eliz-A-Baby ($299): For the love of color! You can’t go wrong with eye-catching neon splatter paint. Coordinated with a matching changing pad and an optional adjustable shoulder strap, you can now travel with your tot in chic comfort.
2. Storksak Tote Color Block Diaper Bag ($132): Incognito as a cute tote, this diaper bag boasts plenty of compartments. Tote your tot’s supplies in style and still stash your favorite lipstick or accessories, too.
3. Kate Spade Nylon Stripe Stevie Baby Bag ($418): Whether horizontal, vertical, thin, thick or black and white, stripes make a graphic statement, day or night. We can’t think of a better time to sport this always on-trend look.
4. Paci Pod ($10): This is a must-have you didn’t even know you needed. Complete with two elastic retainer straps on each side to hold two pacifiers (twins, anyone?) or just a backup. This awesome micro bag doubles as a carrying case for other little items, like iPods, and it easily attaches to diaper bag or stroller.
5. Coach Babybag Tote in Striped Coated Canvas ($298): Cruise the town in a chic crisp cotton canvas tote that’s really a baby bag. Equipped with a changing pad and pockets galore, no one will ever know your bag’s dirty little secret.
6. Bomber (Daytona) Diaper Tote ($189): True to its name, this tote is so durable you can stick it in the dishwasher! Best of all, this grab ‘n’ go bag also comes with a matching roll-up changing pad made of the same sturdy material for those moments of diaper danger.
7. Skip Hop Duo ($42): With the kind of space only sported by the likes of Mary Poppins, this diaper bag will not disappoint.
8. Kate Spade Bow Tile Fracis ($428): Carry the load with a stylish bag packed with a foldout changing station.
9. Storksak Bobby Bag ($195): Cart baby around with a classically quilted baby bag cleverly equipped with a padded changing mat, insulated bottle holder and a matching pacifier case. The Bobby also comes with a matching, insulated storage bag for bottles, food, wipes and other wet items.
10. Brittany Backpack ($100) + Binky Pod ($16): Make travel a breeze by keeping both hands free. With just as many features as traditional diaper bags, this bag has dual insulated exterior pockets that keep food warm or cold for up to four hours. Pair it with a matching pacifier case to ensure it’s always in reach.
11. Black Stripe Bagy Bag ($63): Give your outfit an instant wow with ever-trending nautical stripes.
12. Le Sportsac Ryan ($138): Time and again, new and seasoned moms are left empty handed with a dirty bottom, a crying baby and no pacifier to sooth those tears. This is an excellent bag for those days (and they will happen) when you’re just not firing on all cylinders.
13. Ika Bags Polka Dot Gray ($108): For the discerning type, this beautiful baby bag is calling your name. With room not only for those essential baby items, there’s also space for your must-have tech gadgets. Ika Bags take the cake for style, quality and design.
Have a favorite diaper bag designer? Let us know in the comments below!