Ooh La La! 20 Beautiful Pieces of French-Inspired Clothing
It’s no secret that the French are totally on top of their style game. Whenever we even hear the slightest mention of Paris, we immediately think of toasty baguettes, the beautiful Eiffel Tower and, most importantly, some seriously well-dressed Parisians. From fantastic stripes to the beloved LBD, here are 20 trendy ways to appreciate all that our sophisticated European pals have taught us about fashion.
1. Escura Crepe Dress ($138): Designer Coco Chanel is famous for having created the oh-so loved image of the little black dress in the 1920s, and we are forever grateful. We especially love the sheer back on this one.
6. Midi Skirt in Baroque Floral Jacquard ($96): Thanks to Frenchman Joseph Marie Jacquard, inventor of the Jacquard loom, we’ve been able to enjoy intricately woven textiles for more than two centuries. This midi skirt is so stunning, we just can’t imagine life without it.
Stripes on Stripes on Stripes
16. Stripe Bardot Dress ($58): Whenever we think about French fashion, stripes always seem to come up. Turns out it’s once again due to the awesome Coco Chanel, who began to incorporate stripes into her fashion more and more after taking note of the French navy’s striped uniform. Cool, huh!
17. Slanted Stripes Midi Dress ($188): Are the stripes slanted or are the colors? There’s an optical illusion for ya.
18. Michelle Stripe Shorts ($31): With all those killer musicians touring this summer, you’ll definitely want to add these striped shorts to your closet. They’re so versatile that they’ll work for multiple concerts, from One Direction to Justin Timberlake.
19. Scrolled Stripe Tunic ($98): There’s nothing more French than a beautifully ornate design. While we’re totally crushing on this top, it’s a tad pricey. Anyone up for some DIY brainstorming?
20. Bonjour Mes Amis Sweater ($35): Stripes and a French greeting? This sweater wins all the awards.
Which French-inspired fashion is your favorite? Share it with us in the comments below. Au revoir!