13 Skincare Products to Help You Say Sayonara to Dark Circles for Good
We’re tired of dark circles. It’s hard enough to catch a full night’s sleep without worrying about how to tackle these notoriously hard to cover under-eye shadows. Since raccoon eyes are caused by a number of factors — thin skin, allergies, and a lack of shut-eye, to name a few — we beauty geeks need a variety of options to bring the light back to our (under) eyes. Here are our 13 shadow-fighting ingredients to shop for.
1. Sunday Riley Auto Correct Brightening and Depuffing Contour Cream ($65): Caffeine and ginseng give dullness the boot in Sunday Riley’s very first eye cream launch. They provide just enough lift to make you look more awake.
2. Doll Face Undereye Puffiness Serum ($20): For just 20 bucks, this under-eye serum targets circles with a number of active ingredients. Notably, the patented peptide complex to diminish darkness, haloxyl.
3. First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Triple Remedy ($36): In addition to a hit of caffeine and its built-in, lightweight concealer, beauty-lovers go gaga for the sensitive skin-friendly, licorice root-powered lightener. Hint: This is Selena Gomez‘s pick!
4. Hum Nutrition Wing Man ($25): Milk thistle and artichoke make up this beauty vitamin, or nutraceutical, to rid you of under-eye shade. Simply take two per day with food and await the bright-eyed results.
5. Karuna Renewal+ Eye Mask ($36 for 4 pairs): Slap these puppies on for 10-20 minutes for an anti-aging and brightening boost. Red algae nourishes your peepers with peptides galore, while burdock root chips away at lingering darkness.
6. Erno Laszlo Multi Task Eye Serum Mask ($35 for 6 pair): Meet the multifaceted approach to targeting shadows contained in each of these top-rated masks. Among the serum’s eye-saving actives are vitamin B3, which illuminates, and circulation-boosting gotu kola.
7. Omorovicza Reviving Eye Cream ($145): Pamper your lids with this luxury solution that’s ace at banishing shadows. Along with water from Hungarian thermal springs, you’ll lavish the delicate skin of your eyes with anti-coagulant vitamin K. (In other words, it’s great for encouraging circulation.)
8. Tatcha The Pearl Tinted Eye Illuminating Treatment ($48): Consider this formula a total triple-threat: It conceals, stimulates collagen production, and is luminizing thanks to its light-refracting pearl ingredient.
9. Algenist Reveal Dark Circle Correcting Trio ($85): The line’s circle-correcting ingredients use patented microalgae-derived alguronic acid to do their thang.
vitamin c ester
10. Perricone MD Cold Plasma+ Eye ($110): Studies show that 85 percent of women noticed an improvement in their dark circles after using this magical product for just one week (which makes this luxe buy a no-brainer). Considering its predecessor is an industry cult-fave, we can imagine this vitamin C-packed eye cream works like magic.
11. Sweetsation iLight Organic Advanced Brightening and Line Smoothing Eye Treatment ($27): Amazon’s favorite treatment for under-eye darkness wakes up your look using kojic acid. While doing so, the arnica, caffeine, gingko, and horse chestnut all work to boost blood flow.
rice bran extract
12. Goldfaden MD Bright Eyes ($55): Clean beauty lovers must try the complementary effects of rice bran extract, arnica, and grapefruit. This purchase will de-puff, smoothe, and awaken your eyes in days thanks to this doctor-formulated concentrate that’s totally nontoxic.
13. Lancome Visionnaire Eye Cream Advanced Multi-Correcting Eye Balm ($65): Harness the power of hydration to gently blur imperfections like crow’s feet and unwanted fine lines. This formula features brand’s HydraBLUR technology that delivers smoother skin and lighter under-eye circles in a matter of weeks.
What do you use to cover dark circles? Tell us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.