Turns out Selena Gomez’s PDA-filled romance with The Weeknd isn’t the only reason behind the pop princess’ everglow. Nope, our girl has some legit skin and makeup tips that keep her looking on point at all times. Sit back and prepare to get schooled by one muse we can’t get enough of. Here are nine beauty lessons to follow from the gospel of Selena Gomez.
(Photo via Lacroix/Getty)
for your hair
1. Dirty hair holds style better than clean strands. That’s why the “Bad Liar” singer told Allure that she only cleanses her hair every four days, relying on dry shampoo and Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray ($22) to touch up her roots in between washes.
2. Apply your favorite hair oil overnight to kick dry ends to the curb. Vogue revealed that while on tour, the Pantene spokeswoman routinely applies Pantene Gold Series Intense Hydrating Oil ($9) before pulling her hair into a bun for the night. Who knew?
3. Asignature hairstyle should embrace your natural texture. She relies on Pantene Airspray Hairspray ($5) to keep her texture light and soft, telling Vogue , “I love being able to let it flow and be wavy because that’s my go-to look.”
for your face
4. She believes in cleaning her face err’day. The beauty-lover revealed to Into the Gloss that her daily regimen begins with her Clarisonic Mia 1 Facial Cleansing Brush ($129), “When I don’t get a chance to do the whole routine in the morning, it really bums me out.” Girl, we hear you!
5. Treat problematic areas of your face preventatively. Perfect skin like the songstress’ takes work, which is why uses a humidifier and face-mask combo on-the-reg to keep her blemish-prone chin area clear. This Urban Outfitters Mini Flower Humidifier ($15) is cute, cheap, and convenient to boot.
6. Gomez balances out her beauty. The icon-in-the-making notes that she prefers a balanced look, opting for bold eyes or bold lips, but never both at the same time. Allure revealed that she keeps her foundation light to avoid cakiness, opting for the ultra-lightweight Burt’s Bees BB Cream With SPF 15 ($15) for a number of red carpet appearances.
FOR YOUR body
7. Stress shows. So the former Disney star is all about striking that perfect work-life balance. Trainer Amy Rosoff helped her remove scales, fast food, and crash-diets from her life entirely. And while there’s nothing else like the beauty-restoring powers of a good night’s rest, Gomez swore to Byrdie that it’s First Aid Beauty Eye Duty Triple Remedy AM Gel Cream ($36) that keeps her looking bright-eyed each morning — even after late nights spent afterparty-hopping post-awards shows.
8. Regular sweat-seshes keep skin soft and glowing. Of course working out helps your physique look svelte AF. But Gomez adores The Shape House Infrared Sweat Wraps ($50/session) to burn calories and eliminate toxins, telling Elle , “It’s changed my skin, it’s kind of changed my body as well, so it feels really good. That’s kind of been something that works really well for me personally.”
9. Stay hydrated. Scoring an enviable pout like the celeb’s comes down to hydration — and, well, genetics. She shared with Into the Gloss that her everyday lippie is none other than Fresh Sugar Lip Serum Advanced Therapy ($36), an anti-aging lip treatment that moisturizes, smoothes, and contours your pucker.
What other celebrities’ beauty secrets would you like to steal? Tell us on Pinterest !
Brit + Co. may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.