Plan Your Ultimate Girl Squad Getaway to Disneyland
There was a time when a trip to Disneyland was considered a getaway reserved for the family unit. But those days are way long gone. As we ALL know, Disneyland is for everyone, the young, the old and everyone in between. Since it’s a place that celebrates happiness, joy and fun, the happiest place on earth is a perfect place for you and your BFFs to bond, play and basically have the bestest time evah! To elevate your squad’s time at the house of the mouse, we have six suggestions to make it unforgettable (and totally Instagram-worthy).
1. Wear matching Minnie ears. Where else would you and your crew dare to wear matching glittered mouse ears? Not at your local bar, an art gallery or at the beach. Nope. Disneyland is pretty much the only place where this sort of magic is socially (and fashionably) acceptable. Right when you get to the park, grab your ears and wear them proudly, kinda like Nicole Richie and her girl gang above.
2. Get a room or two. Don’t stay at any random (albeit cheaper) hotel in the Anaheim area. Stay in the Disney bubble; you won’t regret it. There are three choices to choose from: The Grand Californian, The Disneyland Hotel and Paradise Pier. At the Disneyland Hotel, for example, you can sleep five peeps (with two queen size beds and one day bed) or you can splurge and reserve one of their amazing Signature Suites like the Adventureland, Big Thunder or the Mickey Mouse Penthouse (you’ve gotta see ’em to believe ’em).
3. Get your spa on at the Grand Californian. For a bit of pampering in Disney paradise, head to the Balinese-themed Mandara Spa at the Grand Californian. You and the girls can indulge in a massage, a facial or maybe a body polish. After all that running around the parks, you guys will really welcome the rub down. It’s right near the Grand Californian pool, so rent a cabana and spend the rest of the day totally blissed out.
4. Get a drink or two. Sip on cocktails at the wonderfully kitschy Trader Sam’s at the Disneyland Hotel or Carthay Circle in Disney California Adventure. Both places make stellar drinks with an atmosphere that can’t be beat. If you go to Trader Sam’s, make sure to order one of their signature cocktails, such as the the Shipwreck on the Rocks which includes special effects. Trust us — you’ve gotta order one of their specialties to see what happens.
5. Take in tea time. If you’re not feeling like bar hopping, go for a more elegant experience during Disneyland’s tea time. You’ll get to relax, sip a few cups of freshly brewed tea and savor a wide array of scrumptious treats at Steakhouse 55 at the Disneyland Hotel. If you’d like, you can choose the Premium Tea Party that includes sparkling wine along with the sandwiches, scones and sweets. We want to go there RN!
6. Indulge in some fine dining: Good friends and a great meal make for a totally delish combo. For lunch out at the parks, you might grab a turkey leg or a corned dog, but for dinner, you and your squad should splash out for a wee bit of seriously fancy eats. Head to Carthay Circle, Steakhouse 55 or Napa Rose for a fancy pants dining experience with dishes like Filet Mignon, Lobster Tail, Pan Roasted Diver Scallops or Tarragon-Lemon Roasted “Rocky” Free Range Chicken.
What will be your crew’s favorite part of their Disneyland getaway? Tweet us @BritandCo and let us know!
(Photos via Disney Parks)