12 Most Amazing Disney Hotel Rooms in the World
You may go to Disneyland for the rides, but you stay for the hotels, literally. And it ain’t just a place to sleep; those Disney Hotels can add to the whole immersive experience! Disney Parks around the world offer up epic lodgings for discerning guests that go from over-the-top opulent to incredibly themed to totally filled with Disney magic. It’s no secret that we love luxury hotels, but we heart them even more when they’re attached to our favorite Disney theme parks.
1. Adventureland Suite at the Disneyland Hotel: Disney’s Imagineers had a field day with creating the carefully curated Adventureland Suite at the Disneyland Hotel. The vibe is part explorers’ camp from the 1930s mixed with a swanky Adventurer’s club. The master bedroom is fashioned to look like a classic safari lodge and has an old-school claw-foot bathtub right in the room. If you’re not feeling like a bath, head to the “grotto,” a cave-like rain shower that features lighting and sound effects (so you feel like you’re in the middle of the rainforest). The second bedroom, designed for kids, looks like a safari tent. Throughout the suite are nods to the Jungle Cruise and art of Adventureland.
2. Big Thunder Ranch Suite at the Disneyland Hotel: If you’re ALL about the Big Thunder Railroad (and really, who isn’t), then you’ve gotta stay in the 1,400-square-foot “wildest suite in the wilderness.” Sleeping up to “six pioneers,” this luxe rustic suite has all the bells and whistles you’d expect from a Big Thunder suite. There’s even a button on the wall that triggers sound effects from the attraction, as well as concept art from the ride and a free-standing copper tub (surrounded by a stone wall).
3. Fairy Tale Suite at the Disneyland Hotel: Sure, there’s a massive princess-worthy canopy bed, a crystal castle encased in the wall and grand detailing. But the show stopper (and where we’d wanna spend all our time) is the massive bathroom. LOOK AT THAT TUB!
4. Dream Suite at Disneyland: Here’s the thing about the Dream Suite: You can’t just book this extra elite lodging that happens to be right smack dab in the middle of the park. This uber fancy set of rooms, located above Pirates of the Caribbean, is only for dignitaries, the occasional celeb and for various promotions and charitable instances. Note: I’ve visited the suite a couple of times (yeah, I’m lucky), and have to say it lives up to the hype. My fave details include the train that goes around the picture molding in the kids room, the paintings that suddenly become animated and the master bedroom that turns tropical complete with music from the Jungle Book.
Walt Disney World
5. Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort Villas: No, this isn’t a photo of a hotel in Bora Bora. This is a photo of the new-ish villas at the stunning Polynesian Village Resort in Walt Disney World. The deluxe over-the-water bungalows are part of the unique offerings of the Disney Vacation Club. Each villa has two bedrooms, two bathrooms, a living room, kitchen and dining area, as well as an unobstructed view of Cinderella’s Castle. Oh, and each one has its own private plunge pool out back.
6. Animal Kingdom Lodge Royal Asante Suite: You know what’s really cool about staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge? You get to see the giraffes, gazelles and zebras that reside in the lush savannah right outside your window. And cooler than that? Seeing the animals outside the window from the 2,100-square-foot Royal Asante Suite. This two-bedroom, two-and-a-half-bath “home” has a kitchen, a small office space and a wraparound balcony.
7. Cinderella Castle Suite: Like the Dream Suite in Disneyland, the over-the-top Cinderella Castle Suite, located in — of course — Cinderella’s Castle, is not an experience you can just buy. This is reserved for extra special VIPs, charities and for promotions and contests (and what a prize that is!). The lavish suite includes the bed chambers, a living room and a totally opulent bathroom (with a ceiling that mimics the night’s sky).
8. Walt’s Apartment at the Disneyland Hotel: For those who want to embrace their inner Walt, then you’ve got to stay in Walt’s Apartment at the Paris Disneyland Hotel. This unique lodging option was inspired by Walt’s REAL apartment above the Firehouse on Main Street at Disneyland. Although this Parisian version looks way bigger, the real thing is pretty tiny, even by Manhattan studio apartment standards.
9. Roosevelt Suite at the New York Hotel: For a bit of swanky NYC style in Paris, book the Art Deco-inspired Roosevelt Suite, which boasts a lake view, a grand piano, a whirlpool bath and a kitchen. But really, if you’re staying in this suite, you probably won’t be doing much cooking. But playing chopsticks on the piano? For sure!
10. Tinkerbell Room
11. Alice in Wonderland
12. Beauty and The Beast Room: While most of the suites we have on this list are either extremely pricey (in the thousands per night) or priceless (the Dream Suite and Cinderella Castle), there are (relatively) more affordably themed luxury rooms at the various resorts, including the newly remodeled rooms at Tokyo Disneyland. The suites pictured above can run in the neighborhood of $650 a night.
Other worthy themed suites at other spots across the globe include the Royal Guest Rooms (featuring touches from Princess Tiana, Jasmine and Belle) at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort at Disney World, the pirate-themed rooms at Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, the Donald Duck-themed rooms at Tokyo Disney Resort and the Pixar-themed rooms at the Toy Story Hotel at Shanghai Disneyland.
Which room would you most want to stay in? Let us know @BritandCo.
(Photos via Disney Parks)
Your relationship with your finances is one of the most important relationships you'll ever have, and you can't avoid it. That said, for many of us, the pandemic only added to our financial stress. If you find yourself feeling frazzled, just remember that financial insecurity isn't a net-worth issue — it's a mindset issue. And, we happen to have plenty of advice on how to turn your money mindset around so you can take charge of your funds once and for all.
To start, feeling secure begins with a strong foundation, and there's no better time than now to get started stacking the bricks. It's easy to get swept up in the January "new year, new me" mentality, but really? Any time is the right time to get yourself in order. You don't need to wait for a new year, a new moon, the right moment, or a sign from above. You don't even have to start on the first day of the month — you just need to start.
Introducing NerdWallet: A Safe and Reliable Money App
To help with that, we've put together a list of the just-right-for-you ways that NerdWallet can help you monitor your financial outlook. Haven't heard of them yet? NerdWallet is a personal finance company that helps consumers make smarter financial decisions. Their website and app let you compare different financial products, find articles and tools to make financial decisions with confidence, and keep tabs on your finances (hey there, credit score, I see you!) all in one place. Plus, NerdWallet has over 75,000 glowing reviews in the App Store (and a 4.8 star rating) if you want to read up on any more testimonials.
Tim Chen, NerdWallet's CEO and co-founder, started this financial journey in 2009 after his sister needed help finding a credit card. Even with an economics degree and a Wall Street background, it took awhile for Tim to find the right recommendation (so don't feel too bad when it takes you a while, too). Their mission is to bring clarity to all of life's financial decisions.
So it's safe to say that NerdWallet is a pretty good sherpa for your journey, too.
Get the most from your money
Did you know that the money you park in a savings account can lose value? Harsh, but true. If your money isn't earning interest that's on pace with inflation it will actually be worth less to you in the future. And if the bank charges fees? Forget about it. Make sure you're earning the interest you deserve and come out on top. NerdWallet has researched dozens of financial institutions to help consumers find the best options. The hard work has already been done for you, so you can just select the account that works best for you and your nest egg.
Keep an eye on everything, securely
Once everything is set up, tracking and managing your finances is what will keep the money machine running smoothly. You can create an account either through the site or the app and link your bank accounts, then keep tabs on all your finances in one place. Get a clear picture of your saving and spending, get insights into how to master your money, and even build your credit score all in one place.
Get extra credit points
Do you have the best credit card for your lifestyle? Some cards give cash back on every purchase, ones with travel perks, and ones that charge way less interest than you're paying now. NerdWallet takes the guesswork out of choosing the right credit card with simple side-by-side comparisons of different credit cards so that you feel confident choosing the right one. Whatever you want to do, NerdWallet can help you find the best credit card to get it done.
Know your options for settling down
Mortgage rates are pretty low and it looks like they're going to stay that way for awhile, so buying a home might be the move sooner than you think. But there's so much more to a mortgage than just the interest rate! To help you choose a mortgage lender, NerdWallet has in-depth reviews on multiple lenders in a mixture of categories so you get the home loan with the mortgage rate, term, and fees that's right for you.
Settle an old score
NerdWallet helps you monitor your credit score for free and helps you see how little things (like raising the limit on your credit card or paying your bills on time) can increase your score. NerdWallet partners with TransUnion® to provide your VantageScore® 3.0, based on information in your TransUnion® credit report. Your score and credit report information are updated weekly. But that's not even close to all:
- They provide you with tips from experts on how you could build or optimize your credit score
- You'll get a detailed look at your credit score and all the factors that go into it—your payment history, credit utilization, the age and type of accounts, balances, and any recent inquiries
- The credit simulator tool gives you an idea of how your credit score would change if you applied for a new credit card, closed your oldest credit card, or got a new auto loan
- You also get free, unlimited access to your credit report
When it comes to managing your money, safe and reliable is where it's at. Establishing a healthy relationship with your finances begins when you take control and practice habits that build wealth. Signing up just takes a few minutes. Set your intentions to build a solid financial foundation, it will only strengthen your relationship with your finances. And don't be afraid to get a little nerdy while you're at it.