9 DIY Benches You Need to Make This Weekend
A bench is one of those ultra versatile furniture pieces that’s always nice to have in a home. They provide extra seating for guests and, if nothing else, they’re a fab spot to throw your extra belongings. Whether you place one in the hallway, the entryway, your bedroom, on your patio or in every room, everyone loves a good bench. That’s why we rounded up the ultimate list of DIY benches that you can make all by yo’self — okay, fine… you can use some help.
1. Rustic Wood Bench: Tackle that rustic DIY project you’ve been dreaming of with this classic wooden bench. Unfortunately, the full tutorial is only available in print, but that’s a small price to pay for a handmade piece of furniture this nice. (via Live Laugh Rowe)
2. Bedside Bench: A drool-worthy rug is the key ingredient to this gorg piece. Once you find one you love, the rest is easy peazy lemon squeezie. We love how it’s styled at the end of the bed, but it could easily make a spectacular statement in the foyer or the hallway. (via A Beautiful Mess)
3. Wood + Wool Bench: If you’ve got a free afternoon (and $85), you should strongly consider DIYing this stunning wood and wool bench. While it looks like it’s straight out of Pottery Barn or Restoration Hardware, you’ll have the satisfaction of getting to say, “Yep, I made that.” (via Brit + Co)
4. Rainbow Bench: This colorful rainbow bench is actually an IKEA hack! And you all know how much we love those. Make your own multi-colored bench with this super easy DIY, or get inspired by creating your own color story… black and white stripes, anyone? (via Likes of Us)
5. Ombre Bench: Unfortunately the piece is no longer available at Anthropologie, but just because it’s sold out doesn’t mean you can’t have one for your pad. Use this beautifully blue love seat as inspiration for an ombre spray job. (via Houzz)
6. Neon Rope Bench: How cool is this? The folks over at Today’s Nest show us how to take an old chair or bench and give it a total makeover with rope! We love the electric orange hue against the white frame, but the possibilities are endless. (via Today’s Nest)
7. Woven Bench: This bohemian bench would look incredibly cool in any entryway. While it looks pretty impossible to DIY, the step-by-step instructions will have you weaving your jute in no time. (via Merry Thought)
8. Outdoor Rainbow Bench: If you’ve got an an old, rustic bench lying around, don’t you dare kick it to the curb! Transform it into this beauty with some paint for an outdoor bench that’ll bring sunshine on even the cloudiest of days. (via Christina Diaz)
9. Upcycled Bench: We don’t know what we love more: The crazy fun colors or the quirky character of this upcycled bench. Just snag two old chairs from a garage sale, some neon spray paint and a piece of plywood to get started on your own. (via Camille Styles)
What DIY projects do you plan to tackle this weekend? Let us know in the comments below or on Facebook!