40 DIY Ways to Upgrade Your Bedroom
January is a time for new beginnings, in the house, in the office, and in the gym. Though spring is typically the time for cleaning and organization, we like to think of January as a good time for a rest. For getting a little more rest while the days are still on the short side, and for cozying up when (baby!) it’s cold outside. And the best place to start is the place where you conclude and begin each day, the bedroom! Take your pick of these 40 DIY projects and you’ll be one step closer to a seriously serene (and well-designed) bedroom.
3. Book Headboard: This is definitely a cool way to display old books. We like the idea of coming up with a hack that makes this more of a functional bookshelf than a book display. (via Design Everyday)
8. Barn Door Headboard: Live in an area where barn doors run rampant? Or love heading into the country for weekend treasure hunting? Use this as inspiration to create your own barn door headboard. (via Dreamy Whites)
19. Simple Embellishments: Sometimes all you need is a simple little something. Go for felt triangles or grainy painted stripes and a plain old throw pillow becomes your unique creation. (via Creature Comforts)
20. DIY Bedside Lamp: Can you believe this is DIY? It’s a project that was done in three parts, and definitely takes a good amount of dedication. We think the results are worth it though! (via Nimi Design)
32. Crafty Felt Rug: No, this was not made out of hundreds of small felt balls… but it totally could be. This little hack shows you how to turn three little mats into one awesome rug. (via Conversation Pieces)
38. Tree Stump Side Tables: You’re gonna need a few extra hours at the gym to make this one happen, since it involved scouring the woods for some spare tree stumps and bringing them back to your house! (via A Beautiful Mess)
40. Birch Color-Topped Stumps: The textures and patterns found on birch trees are pretty tough to beat. We love the pairing of a bright burst of color right on top of the stump… and what about that wolf pillow? (via Fraulein Klein)
What DIY projects are on your list this winter? Talk to us in the comments below.