20 DIY Coasters to Rest Your Drink On
Having friends over and entertaining is great, right? It’s the perfect opportunity to show off your space and dazzle your guests with some homemade cocktails. But where, oh where, should your guests place their drinks? You’ll definitely want to have some coasters on hand. We’ve got you and your precious surfaces covered with 20 of the best coasters to DIY and keep your furniture watermark-free.
4. Tissue Paper Ombre Coasters: This ombre effect is created by layering tissue paper to make darker shades of the original color. Choose any color you want, or layer different colors for a rainbow look. (via Whimsey Box)
5. Gold Dipped Coasters: We love gold dipped anything, so let’s add coasters to the list. Cement is all the right kids of industrial, and the gold accent is sure to make any bar look chic. (via A Daily Something)
6. Washi Tape Coasters: We love a good washi tape DIY, and this one makes some stylish coasters. Just choose your pattern, add washi tape to your tiles and seal with varnish. Seriously, is there anything we can’t use washi tape for? (via Brit + Co.)
13. Burlap Coasters: Surely you’ve noticed that burlap works wonders for achieving that vintage + rustic look. Now you can even glam up burlap in your favorite pattern, like gold dots! (via Oleander + Palm)
14. Geometric Cement Coasters: If you live in an urban industrial space, then these are the coasters for you. While the cement is still wet, use a small shape to make an indent about halfway through the coaster. When it dries, paint each indent for a cool 3-D effect. (via Tuts+)
17. Nautical Coasters: Sail away with this quick DIY. All that’s required to make these lovely coasters is sisal rope and a hot glue gun. You’ll also need paint if you want to add a cute anchor for a truly seaworthy themed drink holder. (via Making Home Base)
19. Alcohol Ink Coasters: Watch your favorite colors blend together to make perfectly tie-dyed coaster tiles. Alcohol ink is also great for creating a beautiful stained glass look. (via My Good Morning)
20. Painted Cement Coasters: We couldn’t resist adding another one of our very own DIYs to the list. You can make these bad boys in under 30 minutes with quick dry cement, and then customize them to your liking. (via Brit + Co.)
Which DIY coaster would you set your drinks on? Share with us in the comments below!
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.