21 Cute Coasters to Buy and DIY
No stellar hostess would ever throw a party without an arsenal of amazing coasters at her disposal. It’s a small, yet stylish way to show both your guests and your furniture that you really care. So say bye bye to watermarks and hello to a chic tabletop with these 21 cute coasters you can buy and DIY.
1. Faux Leather Triangle Coasters: Small scraps of faux leather take these old school coasters to the next level (The before and after is almost unrecognizable!) We love the geometric pattern that emerges from this meticulous DIY. (via By Wilma)
3. Linen Tee-Pee Coasters ($42): These linen coasters will definitely pull double duty at your next cocktail party. Guests can rest their frosty drinks on these cool squares, or use them as napkins to snatch up delicious hors d’oeuvres.
4. Shadow Coaster Set (roughly $40): We love the playful nature of these wool felt coasters cut to look like long coffee mug shadows. Keep this set of four close to your French Press!
5. Slate Coaster Set ($16): These sleek slate coasters have a secret: they make perfect canvases for chalk! Doodle your guests’ names on each one, or if you’re looking for a more permanent decoration, order them custom-monogramed for $7 more.
6. Gold Dipped Cement Coasters: Looking for an even more durable coaster option? Then try making them out of cement. We love how a simple gold-dipped wedge takes this industrial set to an elegant level. (via A Daily Something)
7. Geometric Felt Coasters: We’re swooning over these jewel-toned felt coasters. Get this beautiful honeycomb pattern by snugly stacking hexagons side by side. Trim off the edges to get the final refined look. (via Ciera Design)
8. Marbled Leather Cat Coasters ($30): These hand-marbled cat-shaped coasters are downright classy. Water resistant leather ensures that they have at least nine lives! ;)
9. Futura Wood Coasters ($30): The craftsmanship on these font-tastic coasters is not to be overlooked. They’re cut, sanded, and embellished with a velvety overlay all by hand. Plus, you know we just can’t pass up a good pun.
13. Keyboard Coasters ($25): Now you don’t have to freak out if you spill your drink on your keyboard! Clever. And we love it.
14. Character Coasters: These are the kind of coasters we need floating around Brit HQ! The guys from Evil Mad Scientist shipped out their designs to a laser-cutting service so that looked super pro, but you could keep it an inside job by using an exacto knife and cork sheets. (via Evil Mad Scientist)
15. Pebble Coasters ($14): Add some natural elements to your decor with these pebble-shaped coasters. Made of waterproof microfiber, these are your go-to table covers for when you and your guests open that second bottle of wine. ;)
16. Paint-By-Number Hex Symbol Coasters: This paint-by-numbers coaster project would be an amazing way to kick off a Thanksgiving bash: have your guests paint their own coasters upon arrival so that they’ll be totally dry by the time you’re ready to carve the turkey! (via Design*Sponge)
17. Beer Press Coaster Set ($16): These coasters give a whole new meaning to “craft beer”! Made with a vintage letterpress, these dashing coasters are like mini works of art—they even come with an engraved bamboo display stand!
18. Celestial Coaster Set ($32): Give your table a truly one-of-a-kind look with these colorful, eye-catching coasters. Made of clay, glass, and glaze, this unique set would make an amazing housewarming gift.
19. Polaroid Coasters: Here’s another way to deck out a ceramic tile-turned coaster: Make it look just like a Polariod by Mod Podge-ing on some Instagram-sized photos with about an inch to spare on the bottom end. Say cheese! (via Darkroom and Dearly)
20. Pentahedron Coasters ($45): People are still going ga-ga for everything geometric (including us!), so if you fall in that category, feast your eyes on these beauties. Bet you never thought you’d be the proud owner of four pentahedrons before, did ya?
21. Coast to Coaster ($45): Which coast do you love most? Show off your geographic loyalty with these hilariously cheeky birch wood coasters.
Which set of coasters would you buy for your home? Are there any cool sets that we missed? Tell us in the comments below!