19 Fruit-y Beauty Buys and DIYs
In a tight race for our favorite food group, fruit is neck-in-neck with dessert and brunch. Since it’s summer and all, and fresh fruits are lookin’ so lovely in our straw tote/newly DIYed produce bag, we’ll give it the number one spot. But didyaknow — the incredible, edible, vitamin-filled treat can be can be used in more ways than just eating and drinking? That’s right, we’re talking fruit-y beauty today, people! Get refreshed with some of our favorite fruit-infused beauty products AND homemade beauty recipes that you’ll be dyin’ to DIY.
The maker behind this playful DIY thinks it’s so good, you’ll want to share it with a friend. Test out her recipe using coconut oil, epsom salt and more to see for yourself. (via Mad In Crafts)
2. Tommy Guns Pomegranate Orange Flower and Hemp Conditioner ($10): Fruity conditioner guarantees double the sugar: once while lathering up in the shower, and again when you let your hair down and the breeze catches the irresistable scent.
3. Yes to Carrots Lip Butter ($3): Lip balm needs to be close in hand all summer long, and SPF 15 along with tons of fruity flavors certainly have us saying “yes.”
With natural products that guarantee to refresh and exfoliate, this DIY recipe may just become a summer staple. (via Offbeat + Inspired)
6. Rejuvenating Papaya Mango Cream Shave ($6): Shaving every day throughout the summer can be a pain (you know you cheat in the winter)! Let Alba Botanica’s tropical scents and creamy smoothness take the pain away… literally.
7. Green Apple Blemish Clearing Peel ($39): Get fresh with this award-winning and certified organic peel that actually expedites the blemish healing process while rehydrating skin.
especially when they look good enough to eat. Since you’ll be whipping this one up in your own kitchen, we won’t tell. (via Whole Living)
9. Lush Lime Shower Smoothie ($22): Let’s all just agree that one of our favorite summer indulgences is a frozen, fruity marg. Lush is serving you up, just in the shower. Drinks for one!
10. Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Toit ($131): This summer-worthy fragrance is fruity beauty all grown up with hints of apple, pear and magnolia.
When life gives you lemons and grapefruits, turn them into a hair treatment that promises to moisturize your scalp and stimulate hair growth. Um, genius? (via The Mother Huddle)
12. Satsuma Body Sorbet ($14): These adorable new body sorbets are as refreshing to your senses as they are to your skin — they cool as you smooth them on, and have an extra dose of vitamin E.
Real talk, this scrub exfoliates with real little bits of pineapple and papaya.
Time to rummage through your kitchen cabinets, chances are you have everything you’ll need to make a batch of this scrumptious lip scrub! (via Brit + Co)
15. Jenipapo Shower Oil ($25): Don’t feel bad, we’d never heard of the exotic Jenipapo tree before this product either. But, with a fresh and fruity scent and moisturizing lather, we’re glad to be introduced.
16. Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream ($6): This one’s a classic–it had to make the cut! You’ll find yourself reaching for it even when cuticles are feeling fresh just to get a burst of its lemony scent.
We turned all that (top pic) into all that (bottom pic) to mix up scrubs for every skin type that are (almost) good enough to eat. (via Brit + Co)
18. Triple Berry Smoothing Peel ($86): If you’re up for a summery beauty investment, this should be it. Renée Rouleau’s peel is a professional-grade, antioxidant-rich that will erase the effects of age, sun damage and more.
You know Mandarin and almond facial scrub: Blend 2 teaspoons of almond meal, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1/2 teaspoons of mandarin juice together. While taking a shower, apply the mixture on your face and gently massage your skin for about two minutes. Rinse the scrub off with warm water. (via Fashionisers)