19 Fruit-y Beauty Buys and DIYs
In a tight race for our favorite food group, fruit is neck-in-neck with dessert and brunch. Since it’s summer and all, and fresh fruits are lookin’ so lovely in our straw tote/newly DIYed produce bag, we’ll give it the number one spot. But didyaknow — the incredible, edible, vitamin-filled treat can be can be used in more ways than just eating and drinking? That’s right, we’re talking fruit-y beauty today, people! Get refreshed with some of our favorite fruit-infused beauty products AND homemade beauty recipes that you’ll be dyin’ to DIY.
1. Homemade Fruity Body Scrub: The maker behind this playful DIY thinks it’s so good, you’ll want to share it with a friend. Test out her recipe using coconut oil, epsom salt and more to see for yourself. (via Mad In Crafts)
2. Tommy Guns Pomegranate Orange Flower and Hemp Conditioner ($10): Fruity conditioner guarantees double the sugar: once while lathering up in the shower, and again when you let your hair down and the breeze catches the irresistable scent.
3. Yes to Carrots Lip Butter ($3): Lip balm needs to be close in hand all summer long, and SPF 15 along with tons of fruity flavors certainly have us saying “yes.”
6. Rejuvenating Papaya Mango Cream Shave ($6): Shaving every day throughout the summer can be a pain (you know you cheat in the winter)! Let Alba Botanica’s tropical scents and creamy smoothness take the pain away… literally.
7. Green Apple Blemish Clearing Peel ($39): Get fresh with this award-winning and certified organic peel that actually expedites the blemish healing process while rehydrating skin.
8. DIY Berry-Yogurt Mask: We can’t stop won’t stop lovin’ on homemade beauty recipes, especially when they look good enough to eat. Since you’ll be whipping this one up in your own kitchen, we won’t tell. (via Whole Living)
9. Lush Lime Shower Smoothie ($22): Let’s all just agree that one of our favorite summer indulgences is a frozen, fruity marg. Lush is serving you up, just in the shower. Drinks for one!
10. Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Toit ($131): This summer-worthy fragrance is fruity beauty all grown up with hints of apple, pear and magnolia.
11. Coconut Oil, Lemon, and Grapefruit: When life gives you lemons and grapefruits, turn them into a hair treatment that promises to moisturize your scalp and stimulate hair growth. Um, genius? (via The Mother Huddle)
12. Satsuma Body Sorbet ($14): These adorable new body sorbets are as refreshing to your senses as they are to your skin — they cool as you smooth them on, and have an extra dose of vitamin E.
13. Pineapple Papaya Facial Scrub ($28): Real talk, this scrub exfoliates with real little bits of pineapple and papaya.
15. Jenipapo Shower Oil ($25): Don’t feel bad, we’d never heard of the exotic Jenipapo tree before this product either. But, with a fresh and fruity scent and moisturizing lather, we’re glad to be introduced.
16. Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream ($6): This one’s a classic–it had to make the cut! You’ll find yourself reaching for it even when cuticles are feeling fresh just to get a burst of its lemony scent.
18. Triple Berry Smoothing Peel ($86): If you’re up for a summery beauty investment, this should be it. Renée Rouleau’s peel is a professional-grade, antioxidant-rich that will erase the effects of age, sun damage and more.
19. DIY Citrus Beauty Recipes: You know Mandarin and almond facial scrub: Blend 2 teaspoons of almond meal, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1/2 teaspoons of mandarin juice together. While taking a shower, apply the mixture on your face and gently massage your skin for about two minutes. Rinse the scrub off with warm water. (via Fashionisers)
Having a summer fling with any other fruity beauty products? Dish it up in the comments.
Back in January, we introduced you to a feel-good cause to inspire your New Year's resolution: a walking challenge to help raise funds for the amazing cancer fighters at The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. I took part in the challenge with the Brit + Co team and ended up walking 105+ miles in January — it was awesome.
This spring, there's a new challenge on the horizon, The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's Big Climb. The ask: On May 15, 2021, you can step up to take cancer down by committing to climb 1,311 steps, walking 3.2 miles, or doing 440 chair step-ups at home as part of the Big Climb. If you need some motivation to bring movement back into your daily routine — look no further!
As always, it's free to sign up, but climbers are encouraged to set a fundraising goal to help beat cancer. We'll be organizing another Brit + Co team to step up, and I hope you'll join us too! Keep scrolling for a peek at where I'll be completing the challenge in my Los Angeles neighborhood around the hidden Silver Lake Stairs. Happy climbing!
Never underestimate the power of an accountability buddy! I asked my in-laws, my partner, and a few friends to join me so we can keep each other motivated and accountable in completing the challenge — virtual high-fives all around! Also, my dog Fox is a great climber, too.
An aesthetically pleasing backdrop is a huge motivator for me! I'm fortunate to have all sorts of painted steps around my neighborhood to keep the challenge interesting, but you can also keep cool inside with at-home chair step-ups.
Don't forget to share your progress on social — #BigClimb!
Feel free to break the challenge up if you need to by tackling half the distance in the AM and half at sunset. Here's me 1,311 steps later and ready for a break — but, think I earned this one!