19 Fruit-y Beauty Buys and DIYs
In a tight race for our favorite food group, fruit is neck-in-neck with dessert and brunch. Since it’s summer and all, and fresh fruits are lookin’ so lovely in our straw tote/newly DIYed produce bag, we’ll give it the number one spot. But didyaknow — the incredible, edible, vitamin-filled treat can be can be used in more ways than just eating and drinking? That’s right, we’re talking fruit-y beauty today, people! Get refreshed with some of our favorite fruit-infused beauty products AND homemade beauty recipes that you’ll be dyin’ to DIY.
1. Homemade Fruity Body Scrub: The maker behind this playful DIY thinks it’s so good, you’ll want to share it with a friend. Test out her recipe using coconut oil, epsom salt and more to see for yourself. (via Mad In Crafts)
2. Tommy Guns Pomegranate Orange Flower and Hemp Conditioner ($10): Fruity conditioner guarantees double the sugar: once while lathering up in the shower, and again when you let your hair down and the breeze catches the irresistable scent.
3. Yes to Carrots Lip Butter ($3): Lip balm needs to be close in hand all summer long, and SPF 15 along with tons of fruity flavors certainly have us saying “yes.”
6. Rejuvenating Papaya Mango Cream Shave ($6): Shaving every day throughout the summer can be a pain (you know you cheat in the winter)! Let Alba Botanica’s tropical scents and creamy smoothness take the pain away… literally.
7. Green Apple Blemish Clearing Peel ($39): Get fresh with this award-winning and certified organic peel that actually expedites the blemish healing process while rehydrating skin.
8. DIY Berry-Yogurt Mask: We can’t stop won’t stop lovin’ on homemade beauty recipes, especially when they look good enough to eat. Since you’ll be whipping this one up in your own kitchen, we won’t tell. (via Whole Living)
9. Lush Lime Shower Smoothie ($22): Let’s all just agree that one of our favorite summer indulgences is a frozen, fruity marg. Lush is serving you up, just in the shower. Drinks for one!
10. Hermes Un Jardin Sur Le Toit ($131): This summer-worthy fragrance is fruity beauty all grown up with hints of apple, pear and magnolia.
11. Coconut Oil, Lemon, and Grapefruit: When life gives you lemons and grapefruits, turn them into a hair treatment that promises to moisturize your scalp and stimulate hair growth. Um, genius? (via The Mother Huddle)
12. Satsuma Body Sorbet ($14): These adorable new body sorbets are as refreshing to your senses as they are to your skin — they cool as you smooth them on, and have an extra dose of vitamin E.
13. Pineapple Papaya Facial Scrub ($28): Real talk, this scrub exfoliates with real little bits of pineapple and papaya.
15. Jenipapo Shower Oil ($25): Don’t feel bad, we’d never heard of the exotic Jenipapo tree before this product either. But, with a fresh and fruity scent and moisturizing lather, we’re glad to be introduced.
16. Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream ($6): This one’s a classic–it had to make the cut! You’ll find yourself reaching for it even when cuticles are feeling fresh just to get a burst of its lemony scent.
18. Triple Berry Smoothing Peel ($86): If you’re up for a summery beauty investment, this should be it. Renée Rouleau’s peel is a professional-grade, antioxidant-rich that will erase the effects of age, sun damage and more.
19. DIY Citrus Beauty Recipes: You know Mandarin and almond facial scrub: Blend 2 teaspoons of almond meal, 1 teaspoon of honey and 1/2 teaspoons of mandarin juice together. While taking a shower, apply the mixture on your face and gently massage your skin for about two minutes. Rinse the scrub off with warm water. (via Fashionisers)
Having a summer fling with any other fruity beauty products? Dish it up in the comments.
It can be intimidating to step out on your own and build a business from the ground up. As part of our collaboration with Office Depot, we're talking with Selfmade alum and solopreneur Colette Lawrence, the faith-based motivator and relationship builder behind The M.E.E. Movement, about ways in which women in business can find success.
B + C: How did you know M.E.E. Movement was your business to start?
The M.E.E Movement represents motivation, empowerment, and encouragement for women. It is what represents me. I did not know at first that it was my business to start, but then the thought of monetizing what I loved came to me. It scared me, however. I registered the business in July 2020 and have been slowly building my wings since.
B + C: What's one strategy that's helped you start your business?
Thinking through and researching what the requirements are to start my business, and then asking questions of people who are in the business. Not all advice worked; however, it helped me to figure out what I needed to do and not to do.
B + C: Did you always know life coaching would be your entrepreneurial path?
(Smiles) No, I did not. I 'stumbled" on it. I knew that people were always coming to me for advice and I found that I loved having conversations with them, especially with women, young and old.
B + C: What was your most valuable takeaway from Selfmade?
My most valuable takeaway was the first day of training: Get out of your own way. There were a lot of great moments and important takeaways from every presenter. However, getting out of my own way, pushing past doubts, was for me my most valuable takeaway. Doing something that I had never done before took courage. If I do not focus on what is happening with me mentally then I cannot deliver to my clients successfully.
B + C: What's one piece of advice you would give to female entrepreneurs on the brink of starting?
Get out of your head. You have something to offer. You have what you need to succeed so go ahead and do it.
B + C: How do you stay motivated?
I stay motivated by listening to music and listening to motivational speakers, and sometimes someone will just reach out and talk about the impact that I made in their life. That adds the extra juice or sauce I need to pummel through the day.
B + C: What's your best organizational tip?
Keep a diary and journal. It's the best way for me to keep organized and it also provides a source motivation as I record not only my "losses" but my wins as well.
B + C: Who inspires you in the entrepreneurial space?
Shirley Toliver – She motivates and empowers and makes me always want to show up.
B + C: What has receiving the Office Depot scholarship to Selfmade done to help you start or grow your business?
The scholarship was a blessing in that all the areas that were covered offered valuable information that I needed, from social media to HR. As a new business owner, I needed to know this to increase my own personal awareness in what it takes to run a successful business. The candidness of the presenters made it easy to see myself in their shoes and helped me to realize that I can also get there.
Want to feel motivated to take the next step for your business? Let Office Depot OfficeMax give you the confidence you need with a suite of business services & solutions to help you put your best foot forward. Make a good first impression with business cards & build the business pitch of your dreams with custom presentations. With Office Depot OfficeMax you'll find the tools to reach new customers with confidence.
Head to Office Depot's Selfmade page to check out even more amazing business resources (and discounts!) to help you accomplish more on your entrepreneurial journey. These offers are available for a limited time only, so be sure to take advantage of all this goodness while supplies last. Want to join the next Selfmade cohort this summer? Check out all of the scholarship details right here.