DIY Halloween Hostess Gift (Made In 10 Minutes Or Less!)
Heading to a Halloween party tonight and don’t have anything interesting to bring the hostess? I was in the same pickle last night and came up with an easy (and cute!) solution, made in literally 10 minutes, using only objects I already had around my house.
- One piece of white or beige felt (fabric would work too – even an old t-shirt) cut in a 12-inch square.
- One black hairband or rubberband (a ribbon would also work)
- Sharpie marker
- Parchment paper, newspaper, tissue paper… or, any type of paper :)
- A bottle of wine, or the libation of your choosing.
- Optional: Black felt or fabric
- Optional: Thread
- Wad whatever paper you decide to use (I used parchment paper) into a small ball, which will act as the ghost’s head.
- Place wad of paper on top of wine bottle and cover with felt square.
- Attach hair band around neck of wine bottle, wherever you think looks right in order for the ghost to have a long face.
- Using your Sharpie, mark eyes and a ghostly mouth.
- NOTE: If you are out of time, you can stop here, and you will still have a cute ghost. If you want to polish it up a bit, read on.
- With your black felt or fabric, cut out circles for the ghost’s eyes and mouth. Try to match the size of the circles you drew on the felt.
- Remove the felt from the bottle. The circles you drew now act as a stencil for you to stitch your cut circles onto.
- Use a sewing machine or hand stitch your black cut circles onto the felt. (Pro tip: My machine was threaded with white thread and I didn’t have time to re-thread it with black thread, so I just Sharpie’d over the white thread once I was done sewing.)
- Re-configure the felt back onto your bottle using your paper and hairband.
That’s it! I was pleasantly surprised with how it came out, as was the hostess I ended up gifting the bottle to. Have a great Halloween night!