Get Crackin’ With These 12 DIY Holiday Crackers
At this stage in the game, we’re in the full swing of decking the halls. One of our fave ways to get our fa-la-las on is by DIYing our holiday decor, gift wrap and thoughtful gifts full of festive fun. Enter the ultra-traditional holiday cracker. We’re sharing our favorite DIY options for your own fete favors, all of which you can easily make at home. Get ready to crack open some cheer from now ’til New Year’s.
1. Pretty Paper Crackers: Looking for super-traditional party favors? Get some red and green paper and craft these crackers that’ll have you dreaming of all the Christmases you used to know. (via Tuts+)
3. Crackers for Holiday Birthdays: We can totally relate to the struggle-extravaganza that is a birthday in late December. Give those winter babies a free-standing celebration with these crackers that let you have your cake and eat it too. (via Oh Happy Day)
4. Oversize Paper Christmas Crackers: OMG. Take “Oh, what fun” to very literal places with these ginormous, whimsical crackers. This is also a great way to wrap awkwardly shaped gifts. Holla. (via Martha Stewart)
8. Gold Crepe Paper Crackers: Go for the gold and make crackers that double as place settings. With the gold and glitter combo going on here, this would fit right in at a swanky NYE party. (via Kate’s Creative Space)
12. Tissue Paper Crackers: How sweet are these? Bring a golden, glittery glow to holiday fun with patterned tissue paper. It radiates fun and joy, aka the reason for the season. (via Squirrelly Minds)
What favors will you be partying with? Will crackers be a part of your holiday cheer this year? Tell us in the comments below!