14 DIY Holiday Garlands for Your Home
People, the holidays are just about here! And while we’ll happily look for any excuse to hang a garland up in our homes, the holidays are really where it’s at in the garland department. While we love the traditional popcorn and tinsel, here are a few more unconventional options for DIY decor this year.
2. Paper Stars Garland: How cool are these paper stars? We’ve seen lots of paper craft involving repurposed magazines and what not, but these are one of the most clean, crisp, and graphic projects we’ve ever seen. (via My Poppet)
4. Color Block Ornament Garland: Color blocking is always our jam, and this sort of muted Christmas color palette is a lovely option for a less glittery holiday. For something more temporary, you could create a similar garland with balloons. (via Sugar and Cloth)
9. Fabric Scrap Garland: You can make this garland out of fabric scraps, or stock up on fat quarters (available cheaply at most fabric stores) and make a whole bunch for your friends. (via MK Inspired)
11. Cookie Tin Garland: Got a whole bunch of pretty cookie tins and nothing to do with them? Turn them into glitzy metal garlands that will easily stand the test of time. (via Creating Really Awesome Free Things)
13. Santa Reindeer Garland: We love everything about this scene. The silhouette art, the striped and Santa-patterned pillows, and, of course, the reindeer running across the mantel. (via The Proper Pinwheel)
What holiday decorations will you put up this year? And when will you start putting them up? Talk to us in the comments below.