The tree gets a lot of love, but let’s be real: Striped, dotted or trimmed in faux fur, holiday stockings really make a home next-level cozy. This year, skip the store bought stocking and deck the halls with one you make yourself. From glam gold leather to humble plywood, these 11 stocking DIYs cover the holiday decorating style gamut.
1. Glam Gold: Make those cold winter nights extra luxe with these gold, faux-leather stockings. (via A Beautiful Mess)
2. Seeing Spots: Break from candy-cane-striped tradition and go dotty with your stockings; the more colors the merrier. (via Living With Punks)
3. Sew Simple: The basic sewing construction of these stockings lets the zany patterns shine. (via Design Sponge)
4. Wood You: Channel your inner Scandinavian for this chic, austere plywood stocking DIY. (via HGTV)
5. Extra Long: The easiest way to get more stocking stuffers from Santa? Make him fill up a super long stocking with this simple DIY. (via A Subtle Revelry)
6. Pre-Fabulous: Seriously, guys, it doesn’t get easier than this. Customize a purchased stocking with metallic letters and a quick crocheted bow. (via A Beautiful Mess)
7. Cable Knit Classic: Have an old sweater lying around? Give it new life as a pretty stocking with this DIY; bonus points if you use a sweater with a chunky knit pattern. (via An Extraordinary Day)
8. Hipster Stockings: With his long white beard and off-beat mode of transportation (he was riding in a reindeer-led sleigh before it was cool), Santa is the ultimate hipster. We’re sure he’d appreciate these graphic, hipster-esque stockings. (via Brit + Co)
9. Mismatched: Turn up the quirk factor this holiday season by stitching together old socks for a super unique stocking. The more mismatched the patterns, the better. (via Martha Stewart)
10. Bow’d Over: Impress the crowd when you host your holiday party with these merry and bright stockings, finished with the perfect big bow. (via A Subtle Revelry)
11. Modern Embellishments: We all love a warm and fuzzy faux-fur trimmed stocking, but what about one embellished with pom poms or chain? Find those and four MORE modern ways to dress up your Christmas stockings with our tutorial. (via Brit + Co)
Which stocking are you dying to DIY this year? Tell us in the comments below!