8 DIY Paperweights to Dazzle your Desk
What do you stare at for longer than your desk? Nothing. There is nothing that you look at for eight hours every day. You deserve something beautiful and inspiring staring back at you! After you’ve organized your space with these awesome desk hacks, these gorgeous, easy DIY paperweights will add style and sparkle to your drab workspace. Pro tip: These make great back to school gifts for your favorite students and teachers!
1. Desk Bling: What could be better than chic gemstone-like nuggets of concrete at your desk? All you need is an ice cube tray, water, concrete and paint. If bling isn’t your thing, this recipe can be used to make paperweights in any shape you can find silicon ice-cube trays in. (via Monsters Circus)
2. Faux Agate Paperweights: By far the most elaborate DIY here, these paperweights require a few steps and some specialty materials like polymer clay, a grater, wax paper, a fridge, an oven, glue and crystal glass. But the results are absolutely stunning and totally worth the effort. Not to mention, they were created by one of our very own DIYers, Francesca Stone! (via Fall for DIY)
3. Ombre Stones: These stunners are great for paperweights or bookends! Get large rocks from your local garden or home store, then paint with shiny gold spray paint and place small cork adhesive pads on the bottom so they don’t scuff. To recreate this look layer a bright magenta spray paint, but mintspray paint would also look fab. (via Design Lovefest)
4. Geometric Paperweight: This geometric print paperweight adds color and sparkle to your workspace while keeping you organized. Super easy to do for novice crafters, the main thing you need is a steady hand! (via Krafty Kath)
5. Painted Stones: Give your space a boho flair with these painted stones. Steal a page from Free People’s book by painting rough geometrics, feathers or textile inspired prints. Bonus: Garden stones, craft paint, brushes and your imagination are all that are required. (via Free People)
6. Doorknob Paperweights: A fun way to upcycle old doorknobs, a little paint turns them into perfectly chic desk accessories. Try scouting flea markets, or look for cheap interesting shapes at your local hardware store. Amazon also has some interesting shapes like these crystal globe doorknobs. Then all you need is paint and brushes. (via Trendhunter)
7. Geometric Stones: Use masking tape or painters tape to make these super easy, sharp, bright geometric prints. By far the easiest DIY in the bunch, this technique pays off in major desk bling rewards! (via Giochi di Carta)
8. Golden Squirrel: This golden squirrel DIY will add fun and whimsy to your work space. The process of adding the gold leaf can be a little time consuming, but the results are well worth the effort. Soon you’ll find yourself wanting to gild everything in your home. (via Paper and Stitch)
Are you still rocking the paperweight? Let us know which one is your fave in the comments below!