As a bride, wedding and wedding planning can be magical, hectic, and expensive in equal measure. Between booking the band, locking down the perfect cake, and finding the dress of your dreams, we bet your budget is stretched thin. But never fear: Your DIY skills are going to pay off for you big time. We’ve rounded up beautiful, doable (really!) arrangements using both real and faux flowers that you or your crafty friends and family can do before the big day. The payoff: beautiful, cost-effective flowers that come out exactly the way you want.
1. DIY Floral Centerpiece: Statement centerpieces for every table can be a sinkhole for your budget. Cut out the middleman and assemble this graceful arrangement in minutes using faux blooms that you don’t have to worry about drooping before the dancing starts. (via Afloral)
2. Naked Cake With Flower Topper: This Pinterest-perfect cake is easy to assemble yourself, and a budget-friendly alternative to the fondant masterpieces at the bakery. Make this smaller display cake for photos and the ceremonial cutting, and serve sheet cake to your guests — no one will be any the wiser. (via Brit + Co)
3. DIY Hanging Flower Installation: Is your dream venue a bit of a blank slate, decor-wise? Suspend this colorful element to create a magical canopy of color and texture. (via Sugar & Cloth)
4. Geometric Floral Mobiles: No obvious altar in your amazing loft space? Create one in situ with these hanging metallic mobiles adorned with pretty flowers. They’ll frame your ceremony space, then add color to your gift table or bar. (via Brit + Co)
5. Ultra Violet Bouquet: Looking to bring Pantone’s color of the year to your event? We got you. The best part is, the instructions apply to making an eye-catching bouquet in any color of the rainbow. (via Ruffled Blog)
6. DIY Boutonnieres: Give your groomsmen a punchy pop of color with these cheery boutonnieres. The sunny yellow color couldn’t be more perfect for a spring event! (via Paper & Stitch)
7. Succulent Flower Crown: Ditching the veil for a flower crown? This lovely version puts a trendy twist on the form with succulents, but the basic technique is one you can use with your favorite blooms. (via Brit + Co)
8. DIY Floral Photo Backdrop: This tropical stunner will make your photobooth pics the best on the ‘Gram. And by using a pegboard, you’ll have no trouble getting it to and from the venue. (via Lovely Indeed)
9. Hanging Floral Chandelier: Set the head table apart with this magnificent chandelier and give your wedding the wild romantic garden feel you’ve been dreaming about. (And yes, this is DIY-able, we promise!). (via We Are Scout)
10. Floral Hair Comb: Want that boho look but not ready to commit to a full-on flower crown? These smaller, more delicate hairpieces are easy to incorporate into your updo. (via Brit + Co)
Follow us on Pinterest for more DIY wedding inspo, and tons o’ tutorials!