This Flower Is Taking Over the Wedding Floral Scene
Move over, roses and lilies — everyone’s drooling over gorgeous ranunculus this year. The pretty blossoms make us swoon in any setting, but there’s something about their delicate, layered look that’s particularly stunning when used at weddings. Bunch dark-hued versions for a romantic centerpiece, or harness the softness of pastel buds for a classy boutonniere. Keep scrolling for eight clever ways to incorporate the sweet and petite gems into your nuptial decor.
1. Subtle Centerpieces: The ranunculus is super versatile, so it can fit in seamlessly with any flora or decor theme. Going for a tropical vibe? Snag bright pink blooms and palm leaves like this setup. How about a boho vibe? Mauve ranunculus it is! See the trend here? (via Brianna Wilbur Photography / Style Me Pretty)
3. Pastel Boutonnieres: If the men are donning dark colors for your nuptials, pastel ranunculus will pop flawlessly on their lapels. A single blossom is the perf size for a boutonniere, so just add a sprig of greenery and wrap it with a touch of twine. (via Rebecca Yale Photography / Style Me Pretty)
5. Colorful Bouquets: There’s a lot to love about ranunculus, but what’s at the top of the list? It comes in just about every color under the sun! This means you don’t have to sacrifice your color palette to have the pretty blossoms in your bridal bouquet. (via Love by Serena / Green Wedding Shoes)
6. Ranunculus Hair Piece: Instead of doing an entire crown, use the petite blooms for a delicate hairpiece. Nestling the buds into a messy-pretty ‘do will basically crown you a boho princess. (via Laura Murray Photography / Mountainside Bride)
7. Ranunculus Cake Toppers: When you don’t want to go with a quote or figurines for your topper, drape ranunculus down the side of a naked or roughly frosted cake and you’ll be on your way to minimalist wedding perfection. (via Lani Elias Fine Art Photography / My Wedding)
Want more wedding inspiration? Follow us on Pinterest!
Fall is right around the corner, and we're getting amped up for our next session of Selfmade, Brit + Co's 10-week interactive startup school. Designed to help you create a new business or grow your existing one, this course is personally led by Brit + Co founder Brit Morin and co-founder Anjelika Temple, and supported by more than a dozen of the top female entrepreneurs, creatives, and investors in the country. Students receive personalized coaching on everything from how to get out of your comfort zone to how to scale your business, and everything in between. And now, thanks to Office Depot, even more of you can join the course!
For the fall session, we're thrilled to team up with Office Depot to grant 200 FREE scholarship seats to the course. Scholarships are open to US residents, focusing on women of color, women from underserved and underrepresented communities, and women in need of support to help them trail-blaze. After all, we firmly believe that your support system is a huge part of how you achieve greatness, and we are here to cheer all of you on.
To nominate yourself or someone you know for a scholarship, head to our nomination form right here. The deadline for scholarship nominations is September 27th — it's time to take the leap!
Beyond the scholarship, Office Depot is all about helping you accomplish more. Whether it be the start phase, growth phase or keep businesses going phase, Office Depot offers a full suite of business solutions, including services and products, to help you work from anywhere, organize and save time and help build your brand.
So what are you waiting for? Take a chance on yourself and get yourself one step closer to truly being selfmade. Learn more about the Selfmade program, apply for a scholarship and prepare to be inspired :)