18 Ways to Get a Head Start on Your Holiday to-Do List
Remember how last year you swore you wouldn’t let the holidays sneak up on you? Well, here’s your friendly reminder. Even though you may feel as though you’ve only just packed away your Halloween costume, getting a jumpstart on your holiday shopping will take some of the pressure off. We already got you started with an early-bird gift guide filled with unique holiday gift ideas and have inspo for holiday decor DIYs galore, but now it’s time to tackle that to-do list. Or create it. Just imagine: When the holidays do arrive, you’ll have plenty of time to lounge by the fireplace, sipping eggnog and spending time with your loved ones.
1. Carve a Stamp Kit ($30): Looking for a way to spruce up your gift tags, wrapping paper, place settings, ornaments and wine gift bags? This DIY kit has stamps for the major holidays, so you can start now and celebrate year-round! You’ll be carving stamps before you’re carving turkey!
2. Dots to-Do Notepad ($10): This skinny notepad is just the right size to fit in your bag during shopping trips and features a brush-illustrated design that you’ll love coming back to as you cross off those to-dos ahead of schedule. You GOT this!
3. Baker’s Twine Set ($20): Even the tiniest snip of baker’s twine makes everything sweeter, from gift wrapping and gift tags like these to dangling handmade ornaments and garland. With pretty pastels like these, it’s totally okay to use colors that aren’t red and green.
4. Making Spirits Bright Stamp and Gift Tag Set ($28): Rather than going store to store in search of gift wrap, greeting cards and gift tags that speak to you, customize your own to get exactly what you had in mind. Or you could always grab this set that’s ready to go.
5. State Lovin’ Ornament ($20): Know someone who can’t make it home for the holidays? An ornament in the shape of their state will make them feel right at home.
6. The Jolly Brit Mixer ($13): This eight-ounce bottle of holiday spirit goes a long way, as you’ll see by these four cocktail recipes all made with the Jolly Brit elixir. Bookmark those recipes for your holiday party, and imagine how impressed your guests will be that you can whip up buttered rum and next-level ‘nog like it’s nothing.
7. Custom Stamp Kit ($44): Put a professional touch on Christmas cards and thank-you letters with a custom-made stamp. This makes a great gift for newlyweds and new homeowners too.
8. Light Up Gift Bow ($3): What’s better than watching someone’s face light up when they open the gift you got them? Answer: watching their face light up before they’ve even opened it. This LED light-up bow is sure to get some attention, and we could definitely see using a few as props for Christmas card photos.
9. Polka Dot Recipe Box & Cards ($34): It’s feasting season, and all that delicious food isn’t going to eat itself. When you find new favorites, this classic recipe box will keep them neatly organized. Even write out your own recipes ahead of time and leave them by your dish for admirers.
10. Coloring Book Wrapping Paper ($15) After all the fun’s been had, the black and white side of this reversible wrapping paper doubles as a coloring page to turn post-unwrapping cleanup into a game! Better throw some crayons in the bag too.
11. Holiday Card Set ($5-20): Get things shakin’ and show your fun side with these cute cards that’ll go straight to the front of the card display.
12. Watercolor Gift Tags ($9): We welcome pastels any time of year. Amidst the rich smells, tastes and colors, this soft wash of color on a present will be a welcome touch.
14. Floral Planner: Beat the post-holiday freak-out! You’ll have peace of mind knowing your commitments for the year ahead are kept neatly in this planner, so you can enjoy the last few days of 2015.
15. Acrylic Mini Ornament Set ($16): Shape up that tree with these dazzling ornaments that you assemble yourself.
16. DIY Geometric Paper Ornament Kit ($25): Available in both colorful and classic schemes, these ornaments are a fun, stupid-easy DIY that’ll give the house a bold pop of color. We suggest hanging them in front of the window or using them as a backdrop for photos at your Christmas party.
17. Ugly Christmas Sweater Card ($5): It’s not Christmas time ’til the hideous sweaters come out. Get those cards sent out before the battle of the ugliest begins.
18. Dala Horse Felt Ornament ($28): This adorable felt horse ornament is made with sweet, handmade touches, and he’s ready to dress someone’s tree.
How do you prepare for the holidays? Chat with us in the comments below!
Still haven't taken up that new creative skills you swore you'd learn this year? Or ready to take your design skills to the next level? Let's say so long to the weirdest year ever by checking those big learn-something-new goals off our perpetual to-do lists.
We've teamed up with Clorox to give you the gift of unlimited creativity now through the end of the year. Once you sign up, you can take as many of our 120+ classes as you want for FREE for one whole month!
Here's how it works:
- Head to brit.co/learn and sign up for the "All Access Pass."
- Use the code "CLOROXCARES" at checkout to redeem your free month of classes.
- You will be automagically signed up for Clorox's email list once you redeem your free all access pass. (It's the #1 Choice for Disinfection!)
- Your pass lasts one month from when you checkout. This means you have unlimited access to all the classes during that month.
This offer is valid now through December 27, 2020.
Browse our catalog to find the right class for you, tell a friend and take the class together over Zoom, or organize a 'cocktails + crafts' night with a friend in your bubble so you can learn something new together.
What are you waiting for? Time to start learning all the things!
Thanks to Clorox for making this happen! When it counts, trust Clorox.